Would you like to see a new theme for UCF.com

Poll ended at Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:41 am You may select 1 option

Yes. I would love to see a new theme.
Total votes: 6 (32%)
No. I prefer the one we have now.
Total votes: 4 (21%)
I have mixed feelings. Show me the new theme first.
Total votes: 9 (47%)
Total votes: 19

A New Design For The Forums!

Hey everyone.

People have been asking me for a while now about creating a new theme for the forums. We tried a number of months ago... but nothing came of it. So, I though we could try it again.

So. Why am I telling you this? I want to see who wants a new one and who wants to keep the current one. You do not need to post, just fill out the poll.

If you have a suggestion for a new theme... let me know and I may just use your idea!
Valar morghulis

Re: A New Design For The Forums!

Hahaha. Funny guys :) All you care about is your eyes... haha. Just kidding.

I agree. The back ground stays black. The text stays white. Your signatures will remain unharmed. I am most concerned to change the forums border and header. We have to stick to UC items... since... these forums do discuss their products... even though the majority of threads are about the LoTR line.
Valar morghulis

what about that grey area between "United Cutlery Forums" and Kits Face... how about a collage of UC products... maybe the LOTR swords... it may not look good, it was just a thought.

edit: This is my 1000th post, I have joined Flame of the West and Grima... i think i need a life, maybe a job (but hey, this is a great place to spend your free time :) )
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The skin idea is great. I just don't know if it would be entirely practical for me at this moment. Not because I can't, but because updating one now is going to take a lot of work... just communication problems. If I had access to the FTP server... then I could upload the new images and make skins like that. Not only that, but I don't know how much space UCF.com has. I don't want to fill it all up with a few skins.

I'm heading off to BBB in August and I guess that day would be the most practical day to see if anything can be done.

I was thinking of changing the entire header and border... new swords and knives of course! But that will be my surprise.

I can't have to many things in the middle for one reason alone. Everyone has a different resolution. So instead of building it to fit one, it was made to fit all. The middle image is actually just a small strip that is copied over and over again until the two sides hit the edge of your screen. It was made on the smallest res.... but it can e xp and into the highest resolution possible... :) Smart thinking eh? So... There will have to be a gap somewhere... which means that I can't exactly put things in the middle... tell you guys what. Why don't I make a proto-type... then let you critisize it.

:)
Valar morghulis

Not to be a stick-in-the-mud, but I like our current design. It's classic and classy. The only thing that might be neat to do is in the title bar area at the top, where it currently says United Cutlery Forums and has Kit's pic. I that were instead a selection of different pictures that change each time you load the page (like lordoftherings.net), that would be nice.
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Actually, the first thing I noticed was the R.I.P. tomb-stone icon next to the Announcements section. I passed it off as someone must have had a bad day and was upset about UC delays and such. I clicked on "New Posts" as I always do and this time noticed the User CP button. After going through the "New posts", I returned to the front page and realized the R.I.P. icon was actually on other sections as well. My mistake!

Return to “Suggestions & Complaints”