Re: Ban pop-ups on the forum.

Interesting...

I have no clue about that. A week ago Justin and I encountered someone who may have been trying to bring down our site. But it looks like they've got an ad popping up now.

I didn't notice this because I use Firefox and it looks like my browser blocks it. Internet E xp lorer is subject to so many ads now, i dont even have it on my desktop. I'll see what we can do.

Thanks for letting us know.
Valar morghulis

I e xp erience no pop-up whatsoever, so it must be either users computers, or over now (seeing as though it happened to more than 1 poerson, surely it can't be the individuals computer; but then again I have never had pop-ups when coming to UCF).
(º·.¸(¨*· .¸ . ¸.·**· .¸ . ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
«´¨`·.¸.(º·.¸(ﷲﺁ )¸.·º).¸.·´¨`»
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)
[/b]

I had a little popup for voynage or something like that, and then i had the fullscreen for rednova once, i figured it was something i hadnt set my firewall or popup stopper too catch. i run 2 different programs on 2 different computers so i sometimes forget which computer had a popup on it.

it hasnt become a nuissance, i figured it was just something about my pc had a little adware on it and havebeen too busy to run adaware.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Yes. I don't understand the problem at all. I think I have to searching for a line of code somewhere. I wasn't getting them at all on Firefox... then one day... BOOM. I get one. I don't get them very often... but still... we shouldn't be getting any period.

As you all know... well... you wont know this. But I have to write 3 essays for next week. I'm really boggled down with this work... so I won't get a chance to look at it until... eep... Sometime before Christmas... OR perhaps mid-December. I hate these things as much as you guys... but I'd rather not screw up the forums and not be able to fix it... so... we'll all have to buckle down for now and wait. Unless Justin can figure it out... he seems to be rather busy lately.
Valar morghulis

No... it kinda makes sense. I didn't get these popups at all, and then for the period of one week they kept showing up at random times, and now I don't get them at all again. The most baffling thing is that I did not change any of my settings whatsoever. This is a piece of code that is embedded somewhere in the site, so moving from one server to another would not fix the problem.

Return to “Suggestions & Complaints”