Re: Image Gallery

Yep, a bad surprise
MY REALLY NICE COLLECTION
  • Customed Bracers of Gondor 1/1 - Museum Collection Maegnas 0364/3000 - Limited Edition Helm of Sauron 0176/3000 - Museum Collection Glamdring 0241/1000 - Glamdring White Scabbard - Maegnas Scabbard - Herugrim Sword - Eowyn Sword - Walking Axe of Gimli

Wow! I've been so busy with my essays, that I forgot to check that. I will see if we can recover any of the images. Perhaps it was time that we refreshed the gallery. There was a lot of **** in there... but we also lost a lot of valuable pictures too... from members who no longer visit too. Shame.

Let me see what can be done.
Valar morghulis

Turgon wrote:When I go to the Gallery now and after I log in, I go to all images. After I do this, it seems that I have to log in again! Also, there are 4 pages of images right now but when I try to view any page other than page 1, it says "This category does not contain any images". Anyone else have this problem?
I do not have this problem, try clearing your cookies, and your internet cache, close all browsers, and then reopen an Internet E xp lorer window, goto this site, login and go to the gallery.
Thorin wrote:Wow! I've been so busy with my essays, that I forgot to check that. I will see if we can recover any of the images. Perhaps it was time that we refreshed the gallery. There was a lot of **** in there... but we also lost a lot of valuable pictures too... from members who no longer visit too. Shame.

Let me see what can be done
Swordsman is providing me FTP access to the old photos, I will download them and go through them and upload what I can. Problem is, the descriptions will be gone... but at least they will be back there.
"Do not come between a Nazgul and his prey. " - The Witchking of Angmar

I just uploaded a file... and had no problems.

Make sure you are logged in and that the file you are uploading is the right format. Wow... that sounded like a computer automated response.

If the problem occurs again, please let me know exactly what happened and which steps you completed and which failed to show.
Valar morghulis

I was logged in before, and the picture was obviously in the right format (jpg)

I tried again, and got the same message. It went to the screen saying "Processing image list", but then said: "Unable to create image... Please contact system administrator" Not sure how I can e xp lain that any further...
Guess if I feel the need to post any pictures in the future (which I no doubt will), I'll have to start using Photobucket again :

We'll figure it out. This is a problem and it must be fixed. I hope you don't mind being a Guinea pig... But since you have the problem... once we fix it for you... everyone else can follow the same method.

First: Could you please send the image to me. sandtide@gmail.com Just to see if it is image specific... or a certain size... This way I can play around with it too. (When you have a spare moment of course).

Secondly: Does the screen "Image loading... please wait or click here" come up?

Thirdly: What browser are you currently using.

Thats all that I could come up with at the moment. I'll let you know if I think of anything else. I will do some investigating in the coding to see if there is something blocking that or not.

Thanks and I hope that we can sort this out quickly as the gallery is an important feature of these forums.
Valar morghulis

Sorry, guess I logged off last night when you were writing that post...

Sure, I'll be the guinea pig, but only if I get a treat afterwards :rolleyes:

Anywho, lame jokes aside, the picture has been sent.
Yes, that screen comes up, but instead of going to the page where you can write a description of the picture etc after that screen has loaded, I get the message: "Unable to create image... Please contact system administrator"
Finally, I use Safari. That isn't the problem though, as I have tried with IE and get the same fruitless result.

I'm not sure what's wrong. The picture I've tried to upload was in the gallery before the server was switched, and I was using Safari when I uploaded it. Nothing has changed with my browser or the picture, so....I don't know what the problem is.

Grima also has this problem so I was running some stuff through him last night. After my exams i'll have more time to look into this.

Of course you will get a treat :)

I will keep on trying to solve it when I have a spare moment though. Thanks for bringing this problem to my attention by the way! :)
Valar morghulis

I will re-upload the files for gallery... maybe a file got damaged

EDIT: Yeah there is something wrong, if you click on "all images" and go to page 2, or and page past 1, teh page is empty...
Last edited by JustinTD on Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ok, now I seem to have a whole new problem. I can't even log in to the gallery anymore. When I attempt to, I get a page saying: "Invalid login. Please check your username and password, or register When I attempt to register, I get a page displaying the following: "Not Found (in large, bold font) The requested URL /forum/register.php was not found on this server.Apache/2.0.51 (Fedora) Server at http://www.ucforums.com Port 80"
When I click the link saying 'Forgot password?', the same "Not Found" page comes up.
I've even cleared the cookies by clicking on the 'Login problems' link, and that hasn't helped. I don't know why this has happened...:confused:
Last edited by The Flame of the West on Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok I have updated the gallery software. Clear your cookies before going in... follow these steps:

1. Close ALL Internet E xp lorer windows.
2. click Start->Control Panel->Internet Options
3. Click "Delete Cookies" and follow the prompts.
4. Open Internet E xp lorer back up and goto http://www.ucforums.com and login
5. Click the link to go to the gallery. All should be well now.

Urambo Tauro wrote:It's looking good! Almost there!
But, I clicked Upload/Submit and got:

ok, try again, also, please if you have problems, let me know where you get the error...IE, how far into the process you are when it does that

Okay, I'm still getting the same message when I click Upload/Submit, but I'm seeing another problem--

The screen where I select an image to upload does not recognize my username. It calls me "Unregistered".

So I went back to the front page to login again, and sure enough, I get a "Login successful" screen. It then redirects me back to the front page where it says "Welcome to the UCForums Photo Gallery!" where it usually says "Welcome, Urambo Tauro". I don't think I'm really getting logged in. There are no "My Gallery" or "My Favourites" links, and when I click "Upload Photos", the screen shows my username as Unregistered.

Return to “Suggestions & Complaints”