Re: Idea

I like the idea of the armour contest. In fact, BladeCollector and I have been discussing the idea.

We thought that since not everyone is the best artist... we could provide everyone with a template of a figure and have people trace or design over-top of the figure. I have always had problems drawing a person... so this might be something for us to look into.

If this contest was to happen... it would be for a prize, yes... an actual prize! However, that means that we would need at least 10 entries to make it worth while. Perhaps a prize will inspire some people? Who knows...

The character design could work to and or be incorporated into the armour one.

We'll keep you posted.
Valar morghulis

I'm the boss of a jewelry foundry and we have a 3D design software (and a prototyping machine) so I can imagine a design for a potential ring (we can even make for real in silver or gold :cool: )
UC Sting ; UC Sting Scabbard ; UC Glamdring ; UC Narsil ; UC Shards of Narsil (2735/5000) ; UC MC Sting (323/3000) ; UC MC Glamdring (105/1000) ; UC Anduril UE + scabbard ; UC Herugrim ; UC Uruk-Hai Scimitar ; Kropserkel Gondorian Vambraces ; IndyProps Redbook of Westmarch ; IndyProps Thror's Map ; NC Crown of Elessar ; NC Evenstar ; NC Phial of Galadriel ; MR The One Ring of Sauron 1887/2500 ; Danbury Minas Tirith & Barad Dur ; Knife of Sharkû the warg rider; The Sauron sized One Ring ; Albion Armorers Conan's Atlantean Sword (61/1000)
my props collection : http://www.yourprops.com/view_items.php ... e=oldtobby

The prize will be decided by the person that donates it and we will be greatful for that prize. We should not be greedy and ask for our own wants.

King of Numenor. We took your original idea and extended and mashed it together with Anarions. I don't know about you, but myself and many many others can not draw people... nevermind armour that fits. So we thought that if we used the body or a template... people could draw armour over that.

We are not just doing LoTR either and in fact, should we do this as a contest.... it would surely be based on originality and creative ability... not necessarily on your artistic ability... and for that... someone elses. We could all design LoTR outfits... but its already been done. We're looking for something new!
Valar morghulis

of course everyone is going to be influenced by other works, the final result needs to be original, if the contest was to be done.

as in you couldnt just draw Sauron's Armor and e xp ect to win. and since it wouldnt actually be made, there would need to be more than one drawing, such as front and back views, and closeups of any details and designs. again the drawing doesnt have to be perfect, it would be judged on fuctionality and originality.

And as Thorin said, a nice prize would be afford since this would be a major contest and a huge undertaking, not something you should want to whip together the day before the deadline.

Depending on who donates, they may donate a particular item, or may even donate a choice of prizes or a credit for a certain value.

we will discuss the contest more and are open to more suggestion.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

i am just wondering,whit al this ideas and stuf are this moving towards a special carater,i mean ther has to be a story behind,if this is going to be complete i think we have to make a copiwride protection.some one might steel the finel caracter and use it fore ther own bennifits.
just a thougt that came to me after reading all this ideas.

actually you wouldnt need copyright protection. here there are witnesses and proof that an idea is yours. and here in the US works are copyrighted even without filing for copyright... thoughts are even copyrighted.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

We will create a new post under the contest section once we have discussed it some more... we are still looking into the rules etc.

We'll keep you posted.

If you are worried about copyright... mail a copy of the design to yourself and don't open the envelope. (This is called the poor mans copyright). Its a way of dating it and proving that it is yours should someone else steal it in the future.

:)
Valar morghulis

There have been a few updates... but those are just my secrets :)

Our personal lives have gotten in the way of things and it may yet be a while before we can get this up and running. It has not been forgotten about though, so just be patient and we'll see what we can do :)
Valar morghulis

Return to “Suggestions & Complaints”