Ok, gallery possibly fixed ??

Ok, I need all users to do this:

1. Close ALL web browser windows. These instructions are based on Internet E xp lorer, you will need to find out how to do this on your browser if you don't use IE.
2. Goto START->CONTROL PANEL->INTERNET OPTIONS
3. Click "Delete Cookies"
4. Click "Ok"
5. Open IE and goto http://www.ucforums.com
6. Login
7. Scroll down and click on the gallery
8. Look and see if it says "Login" or "Logout" on the right. If it says "Login" please let me know, if not, try uploading a file. If it fails, please report back at what point it failed and if possible, cut and paste the error.
"Do not come between a Nazgul and his prey. " - The Witchking of Angmar

Re: Ok, gallery possibly fixed ??

Ok, I emptied the Cache on Safari, and then reset it. Logged in to the forum and went to the gallery. I was logged in to the gallery (which I couldn't do before), so I tried uploading a pic.
It went to the screen where it says "Preparing to process image list", then I got:
UCForums Photo Gallery Message wrote:

Unable to create image [/home/httpd/vhosts/ucforums.com/httpdocs/photopost/uploads/373/100_4564.JPG].Please contact system administrator.

I'll try now with IE...Edit: Same result....
Last edited by The Flame of the West on Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

I followed your instructions, using Internet E xp lorer.
As soon as I went to the gallery, it had me logged in! (This is new, I always had to log in separately, even if I was alrerady logged in on the forums.)
I went to upload, picked my text options for the pic, and when I clicked "Process Files", it took me to a blank white page and my IE window said "Done" in the corner.

regardless about the login, you need to clear the cookies, thats part of yuor access settings, i changed stuff around, so you need to clear your cookies after you have closed all e xp lorer windows, then relogin into the forums and then go to the gallery.
"Do not come between a Nazgul and his prey. " - The Witchking of Angmar

I tried it again in two ways...

I closed all windows and deleted my cookies. Then I opened up UCForums, logged in, and went to the gallery. (When I got to the gallery, I was already logged in through the forums.) I started the upload process, but when I clicked "Process Files", I got the blank white page.

I closed all windows again and deleted the cookies. Then I went directly to the gallery (not the forums) and logged in. I started the upload process again, but when I clicked "Process Files", I got the blank white page.

The filename is normal- no symbols, it's "Large_48.jpg".
Thorin wrote:....and where is it located on your computer?
The file is in a normal sub-folder on my hard-drive, not a "hidden" or "system" one. On the folder properties, "Read-only" is checked (and greyed out). "Hidden" and "Archive" are not checked.
What about file size? The file is 2032x3056, 830kb. Does that create a problem? I had posted it before....

EDIT: Ah-ha! I tried a smaller file, (312x4922, 91.6kb), and it worked! But, it automatically resized the file to 158x2492. That should be okay, though. It's still a decent size with good resolution.

Weird--
When I clicked "Upload/Submit", some files I had previously tried (and failed) were added to the "bulk upload" screen. I unchecked the boxes (to remove the other two files) and left the new image box checked, so it would post only the new one. I clicked "Process Files", and the new image was posted three times!
I also "do not have permission" to delete anything!

But if the image size was a problem, why did it say "no file size limit"? And how was I able to post the pic earlier?
Last edited by Urambo Tauro on Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm still not allowed to delete any of my pics. How do I get "permission for this action"? I want to delete pictures 3403, 3406, 3408, 3410, 3412, 3414, 3416, 3418, 3420, 3422, and 3424. They are all doubles.

Uploading a big file is apparently a problem, so what is the size limit? I would like to post as large of a pic as I can for good resolution.

Urambo Tauro wrote:I'm still not allowed to delete any of my pics. How do I get "permission for this action"? I want to delete pictures 3403, 3406, 3408, 3410, 3412, 3414, 3416, 3418, 3420, 3422, and 3424. They are all doubles.

Uploading a big file is apparently a problem, so what is the size limit? I would like to post as large of a pic as I can for good resolution.
I "don't have permission" to delete any of my pics. I cleared my cookies, but it still won't let me. How do I get permission? Or do I have to put in a request for specific pics to be deleted?
Is there any word on the file size limit?

I believe only the admins have the ability to delete their pictures. But it would be a good idea to let members delete their own... in case of duplicates.

While I am checking to see if that is possible, I will check on the maximum file size. I know there are no restrictions on the width and height, but file size may matter. I will get back to you on that asap.

Edit: Okay. I made it so that users are allowed to move and delete their photos. I don't think this will be a problem but it does save the mods from having to go in there and delete them. Also, the maximum image height and width is 2500 pixels. It is the file size that does not matter. Hope that helps!

Cheers!
Last edited by Thorin on Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valar morghulis

Hurrah! It works, THANK YOU! :D

I posted a hi-res pic of the Sting and scabbard prop, and it still produced two entries in the gallery. But I figured it out. When I was choosing my settings, I had selected multiple categories to put it in (Member Galleries, Lord of the Rings Weapons). But, instead of linking the photo in two categories, it made one pic in each gallery. That's why the pic I posted of the UC1386 (GtW Staff) turned out three pictures (I also had it in the "Official United Cutlery Pictures" category).

Now I'll just apply the pics I post to one category, whatever's most appropriate.

Here's a link to the Sting photo: Sting & Scabbard Prop

Return to “Suggestions & Complaints”