Forum organization

For a while now, the way the forum is organized has bothered me a little. It seems to me that areas are almost -too- specified. If I want to make a most about United Cutlery Lord of the Rings knives, I have to travel through several links to get there. It results in some posts essentially getting buried by others, and makes it hard to find certain posts.

I'm not quite sure what can be done about this, or even if it bothers anyone else. Maybe making the -main- page a bit longer with some of the secondary options being used on the main page.

In either case, I figured I'd voice my opinion.

Re: Forum organization

Actually, we have talked about reorganizing the forums a bit, mostly along the lines of condensing things. I think that would eliminate the problem you've referred to. We haven't actually done anything yet because with the inactivity of the boards in the last six months, it hasn't seemed to be a priority. However, things seem to be picking up a bit around here lately, so perhaps we will look into it. Thorin?

In any case, constructive opinions like yours are always welcome, and thanks for the suggestion!
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Just glad we've got a community here where things operate smoothly.

I think the main problem, is also the main thing that makes this place work so well. We're all collectors or just plain and simple fanboys. So it's hard to keep things simple, when there are so many topic we want to discuss that it's hard to keep it all in a nice, neat little package.

Nevertheless, just glad to be a part of the community. Thanks for the fast responses.

I will agree with GuardianWolf that some condensing is in order. Specifically some of the United Cutlery sub forums, and perhaps all the "General Armory Conversations" could be done away with. I'm sure you guys already have something planned out though, but I thought I could maybe suggest some new categories too. Cold Steel deserves one, MRL and Windlass could be combined, and CAS should be changed to Hanwei, its parent company. There is not really enough posts in the Barter Bazaar to merit 3 sub categories, however a forum titled "Items wanted," for those users looking for yet unlisted replicas, could be created. And the "Limited Edition Number" forum could be moved into the general category, so members can post all their LE numbers, rather then just be restricted to the UC items. Anyways, just my 2 cents.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Okay. I just did another quick session of work. I've pruned most of the sections down. So instead of having to navigate through a few pages before you see any actual threads, it now generally takes only 1 or 2 clicks depending on where you go. After my exam this week I will finish the rest.

More to come!
Valar morghulis

Return to “Suggestions & Complaints”