Re: What can we do better?

[quote=""JustinTD""]Let us know what we can do to make the forums better![/quote]

Beer & Wing Wednesday's would be nice!

[quote=""Baker""]Get some updated information spewing.
Whats happening with 'The Hobbit'?[/quote]

theonering.net usually has the "freshest" Hobbit info.

[quote=""Baker""]We need fresh ideas and information being posted, thanks.[/quote]

Start postin', Baker. Start postin'.

[quote=""Curunir""]I'm probably the go-to guy for info on The Hobbit... except, ya' know... some things we can't divulge.[/quote]

You wouldn't dare keep secrets...would you?!? :club: We need divulging!
Head of the Department of Evil, Canadian Division.

"All that Longbottom gave me the munchies."

[quote=""Baker""]Get some updated information spewing.
Whats happening with 'The Hobbit'?
We need fresh ideas and information being posted, thanks.[/quote]

With all due respect, we are not a movie-news forum, though our members (myself included) spend a considerable amount of time posting about movies. Insofar as movie news on the Hobbit can generate talk about upcoming collectibles, our info is only as fast as what the licensed dealers and manufacturers can trickle down to us. :)

As Rough pointed out, theonering.net is the best place for up to date info on the movie, but we do have a thread here with regular updates, if you care to check it out and contribute: showthread.php?t=2879&page=31

As for the rest, our dilligent members do their best to post every new scrap of info in our various sections, and that usually gets the ideas and discussion going. Please feel free to join in. :thumbs_up
This Space for Rent

Obviously, the easiest way to get this forum bustling again would be to get UC to release more products, more frequently, and more of what the fans want.

Some Hobbit news would be great, too.

However, we can't control this. Unfortunately, we pretty much rely on being reactionary. That being the case, all we can do is make it so that we have more people to react and more to react to.

So my recommendation would be to do things such as getting on Facebook in some way. It's free advertising. Thing to remember, for all folks who don't like that, is that your UCForums account and your Facebook account are not paired now. And no one can force you to pair them. It'd be optional, entirely. If I'm even remotely incorrect on that, I'll be incredibly disturbed. Further, it'd be great to give members access to things such as banners we can put on personal websites, blogs, MySpace/Facebook, e-mails, whatever. Basically, UCForums shoudl try to make use of the many, many means of free advertising to bring in some fresh blood.

When we transitioned from United Cutlery Forums to Ultimate Collector's Forums, it was little more than a nominal change. We still discuss, primarily collecitable weaponry. Being a collector of weaponry though, I'd say it's around 100% certain that it's not the first thing anyone here has collected. So my recommendation on this front would be to reorganize the forums a bit. Make a single forum for weaponry, and then make further forums for different types of collectibles. Perhaps doing a pilot run of it to see if something a "Comics" or if "Toys" forums take off. If they do, keep them around, if not, nix them.

In any case, those are my suggestions.

elvenguard13 and baker.this is not news letter page.it is a international forum.

were we talk about whats moving,in the line of our common ,yet agian difrent interrest, at the moment .

valkrist and guardian ,e xp lane this in there post,alot better than i am abel to .(do to my writting skills) :embarasse .
only some disorder in my brain thogh :D (dont worry about it is a joke)

most of the members in this forum is, from the land of opotunities,whits in this case means by having an interrest in sword collectible,is alot more easy to get and alot more cheber.

compere to a european collecter from europ.,like living in a country,whit alot of oputunities but ,dueld by the law.ex. pay the high fees and taxes ,Then maby you can get your sword ,IF you have the perment for it.

an interest of mine ,whits i have not come acrosed in this forum yet.

still ,like to here more form you two newbees,come on whit something and lets talk. :huh:

[quote=""am.dk""]elvenguard13 and baker.this is not news letter page.it is a international forum.[/quote]

Though in a way, it is a news letter. News about products are generally posted here by members and sponsors. Members also share news from other things they are following, whether it be movie related or something else.

Please do keep the ideas rolling!
Valar morghulis

Well, I like Guardian Wolf's idea of adding some variety to the forum. Times have changed, along with some people's interests, and as much as I still love LotR and continue to collect edged weapons, interest in the latter has unfortunately waned over the past few years. I hope and e xp ect there will be a revival of interest once the Hobbit is released, but in the meantime I see no reason not to try e xp loring other areas of interest to stimulate more activity on this board.

For what it's worth, figure collecting remains extremely popular on a number of boards and forums that don't specifically exist for that reason. Perhaps adding a figure-oriented forum would spark a little more interest, at least until the Hobbit premieres. Many figure collectors also collect replica weapons, including UC brand goods. No doubt a fair number of those people also belong(ed) to this forum and used to participate more often. Starting a figure discussion, collecting, and customizing forum might bring some of those folks back into the fold. Just my two cents worth.
"...this ring was like to twin serpents, whose eyes were emeralds, and their heads met beneath a crown of golden flowers, that the one upheld and the other devoured; that was the badge of Finarfin and his house."

A worthy idea, Barahir. This is a Collector's forum after all, and though the main focus is on weapons, pretty much anything else within reason is fair game.

We do have a section devoted to other types of collectibles, so we encourage any and all to post about their interests there. There's absolutely no rule that states one can only discuss weapons or LoTR here, so post away, guys! :thumbs_up
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]Hey Toro, good to see you again! :)

Please elaborate on what you mean by 'renewed.' Do you mean like 'revived'?[/quote]

Exactly. I don't mean redone or fixed because I really love this community and I think the forums are great the way they are, I think we just need to revive the interest. I promise to do my part :)

Hmmmm.... I think at the moment the forum seems to be in good shape. And I have to say, this forum's community is the strongest I've seen in all my e xp erience with forums. Everyone seem to help each other here thats why I keep coming back to this forum.

I have one suggestion maybes change the forum style slightly.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Return to “Suggestions & Complaints”