Certificate of Authenticity

I have noticed in the past that there have been several threads by people who are looking for hi-res scans of a specific certificate that has been damaged or even never received. I have recently joined that category of people when I received my Museum Collection Sting today and had an idea. It would be really nice if we had a 'community/forum database' with the entire selection of certificates; somewhere we could go to get ones that we need or simply just to look at the others without having to shout out to the forum in hopes the right person reads it.

Therefore, my question is this: With the size restrictions on the photo galleries, simply creating an album of them would not work. So, is there a way anyone could think to make this work in a reasonable manner?

(Apologies if something like this exists already and I just couldn't find it.)

Re: Certificate of Authenticity

[quote=""am.dk""]a certificate goes whit the item ,thats it and that is that,[/quote]
That's true am.dk, but mistakes happen and sometimes the certificate doesn't get put in the box, so people are trying to get one. Also, some people sell their swords but have lost the certificate and the buyer still wants one. With the exception of numbered editions, a dealer like Smithblades has extras to cover these kinds of situations.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Except for the Sting and Glamdring MC Swords, all other ltd ed's that I know of had certificates with written in serial numbers (in regular pen). So what I am saying is, if you had an Isildur Helm but lost the certificate, I have that certificate (the certificate came directly from UC) and the spot for the serial number is blank. All you would need to do is write in your serial number!
Last edited by SmithBlades.com on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Smith
SmithBlades.com
http://www.SmithBlades.com

[quote=""SmithBlades.com""]Except for the Sting and Glamdring MC Swords, all other ltd ed's that I know of had certificates with written in serial numbers (in regular pen). So what I am saying is, if you had an Isildur Helm but lost the certificate, I have that certificate (the certificate came directly from UC) and the spot for the serial number is blank. All you would need to do is write in your serial number![/quote]
How much do you ask for a certificate ?

i am not suer i now exactly what you mean.rosere111 . :huh:

is it a copy of the certificate whit no number on ore is it a real original certificate?

i have an original certificate for the mc glamdring sword, whit no number on .(nad why is there no number on my coa!)

i did not recived eny certificat whit my sword when i got it,so i got desperate. :(
i e-mailed mike at united cutlery about my missing coa.and a broken hatch on the display funituer.
and i think because of my bad englich spelling ,he did not seem to understand my problem.so five day later i resived a brand new coa,2 new hatch for the mc galmdring furnituer,and a new lock whit key. :thumbs_up for free.
talk about fast and profesionel custemer service,it was time then :coolsmile

the original goa.for mc line .holds information ,that a copy of the same,do not hold.
1.how do you now your coa is not a fake.?
hold your coa.in to light .if the suface around and the letters inside the coa turns,black ore brown.ist a fake.
2 .if its a real coa.the colller on the onlay ,will turn orange gold glittering,when sun is added.
also the real coa have some onlay on.that blind peaple is able to read.

You know, while storing my recently acquired Gondor Shield COA with the others, I realized two things:

I never got a COA for the Sting Scabbard. Did UC ever make one, or did they overlook it since it was their first scabbard? Every other scabbard they made has a COA.

Some of the LE items also have a second COA which is grey in colour and is numbered and signed by John Howe. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why some LE items have this second COA and some don't. My Gondor Shield did not come with one of those. Is there one for this LE item or not?
This Space for Rent

[quote=""am.dk""][ATTACH]2496[/ATTACH]
dont now if this works. :huh: [/quote]
Hey am.dk does that certificate from Glamdring MC belongs to you?
Is it posibble to send me a copy of that cause i bought a couple months ago a Glamdring MC from Redfordfilms via Amazon.com and there's no certificate with it.
The sword that i have has number 705/1000 on the blade so if you are willing to do that for me that would be great.

Greetings,
Dark Shadow. :thumbs_up

[quote=""Valkrist""]Dang it. I wonder why there was no COA in my box?!? I never thought much of it at the time because the line was still new and it was not a sword. Too late to complain to UC now. :( [/quote]
Yep true Val,Derek is right,I had a Sting scabbard a couple years ago and there was a certificate with it just the same like on the picture Derek show you.

I suppose, though to me that's the same as scanning a dollar bill: it's not the real thing. I'm not that broken up about it, it's just a scabbard. If someone has a real one they don't want, then I would think about buying it.

Anyhow, does anyone here that owns the Gondor Shield have an answer for me? Did it come with the John Howe signed second COA or is it one of those LE items that did not have one?
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Dark Shadow""]Hey am.dk does that certificate from Glamdring MC belongs to you?
Is it posibble to send me a copy of that cause i bought a couple months ago a Glamdring MC from Redfordfilms via Amazon.com and there's no certificate with it.
The sword that i have has number 705/1000 on the blade so if you are willing to do that for me that would be great.

Greetings,
Dark Shadow. :thumbs_up [/quote]

Just a higher resolution scan would be good for me if you can.

ofacause it is my real coa ,dark shadow .where on earth do i get somthing like this, else were.

its just scan of my coa.and as you see the golden onlay goes brown.
also i dont now if you are able to print it out.

the coa dont have the size as a A4 size papper ark.its smaller .

n2 i dont now if im able to upload the coa in ahigher resulusion.ore how to do it ,i only took a scan of my coa ,on my sheap ,hp deskjet F2280. :huh:

if evry one in here is confused abot the mc coa ,i will try to take some pictuer of it inted. :thumbs_up

[quote=""Fingolfin""]Could someone scan me a Hadhafang COA, if you'd all be so kind? Thanks very much :thumbs_up [/quote]
I'll give it a shot Fin, I might need some help if I can't figure it out. Stay tuned.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""am.dk""]n2 how did you upload,a pictuer directly to the the tread ,and how did you manage to get the high reselusion as 2148x2816 .:huh :o f the coa copy.

did you just make a scan of your certificate ,and the uplaod pictuer ore whot?
:huh: [/quote]

Yes I did, I just scanned it on my HP all in one printer/scanner set for document and set the resolution to 300 dpi. Uploaded to photobucket and inserted the IMG link into my post. You can also just email me the photo and I can post it.

astivison@comcast.net

Return to “Suggestions & Complaints”