The chatbox?

Allright, so I remember that before my ban, which is, well, quite a few months ago, the chatbox was removed. You (the admins and stuff) said that we might get it back in the future, if we managed to behave.

So, well, I suppose we are in the future now, and it seems to me that things have calmed down quite a bit sooo... Can we pl0x has the chatbox back?
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Re: The chatbox?

It certainly would take some of the personal conversations that seem to take over threads lately. A good dialogue starts about a single intersting subject, and before long it becomes a series of personal conversations between two or three members way off the subject of the thread. We have had some good threads lately that have become quite lengthy with only a very small percentage of the volume of the thread being about the initial subject. It becomes a bit frustrating.
When you get to hell, tell them I sent you! Then apologize on my behalf for the inconvenience!

The reverse was also observed in the past, where a lot of good information or comments that should have been made in an appropriate thread were being wasted and subsquently lost on a temporary medium like the chatbox.

Our reasons for removing the chatbox however, had nothing to do with that.

We are discussing Darlak's request at the moment, but whether we bring it back or not, let this be an opportunity for me to remind all of you wanting it back that the chatbox is subject to each and every single rule of conduct and behaviour that we enforce for the remainder of the forums. Should we witness any abuse or disregard of these rules, there will be consequences, the least of which is the permanent removal of the chatbox.
Last edited by Valkrist on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]The reverse was also observed in the past, where a lot of good information or comments that should have been made in an appropriate thread were being wasted and subsquently lost on a temporary medium like the chatbox.

Our reasons for removing the chatbox however, had nothing to do with that.

We are discussing Darlak's request at the moment, but whether we bring it back or not, let this be an opportunity for me to remind all of you wanting it back that the chatbox is subject to each and every single rule of conduct and behaviour that we enforce for the remainder of the forums. Should we witness any abuse or disregard of these rules, there will be consequences, the least of which is the permanent of removal of the chatbox.[/quote]

To me this is what's important. The message board is meant to be a social thing. If people have something private to discuss that's what PM's are for. Not saying I necessarily disagree with having a chatbox, I just don't feel like personal conversations are really hurting the quality of the message board.

Return to “Suggestions & Complaints”