Re: Bugs to be fixed

I am currently getting pms via email, but they are not showing up in my pm inbox on the forum.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

Decide what to defend your castle with at www.castlekon.com

I deleted back under 50 but the inbox said I was at 54% so I didn't think that was a problem.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

RevAnakin wrote:I deleted back under 50 but the inbox said I was at 54% so I didn't think that was a problem.
Do you have anything in folders? It might be 54% in the Inbox but the rest elsewhere? Like the Sent Messages?
Arwyniel wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or not, but FYI:
http://flameofudun.net/forum/main-forum ... s-uk-users
Arwyniel, thanks for the heads up. I know I wasn't aware of this.

We'll have to look into it. Unfortunately we've done a lot of blanket IP banning to deter specific problem causers.

Ah, I see. I thought they were exclusive of each other. Probably the problem, not a bug... well I am the bug.

I wasn't sure where to post this question, so I'll place it here . . . am I just missing it, or is there no way to go back and mark a PM as unread?

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

its been a while ,to my last visit to this forum.and now i see old uc forums ,is not the same enymore.
,new look, new atitude
.some thing makes me wonder, if its this a new recon side (boot)of the original.
i read some of the treads . and original names is saying to aply to a tread.
Whot is going on in here . :huh:

I have sent 2 PMs and both are shown sitting in my OUTBOX.... neither is shown under the SENT Messages listing, although after I hit SUBMIT the statement "This message has been successfully sent" does show up.

When I sent a test message (via PM) to myself, it DID show up in the SENT messages listing and NOT in the OUTBOX.
So, were the messages sent? (The recipient has not responded , altho' he may not yet have seen them, if they did, in fact, get sent successfully)
How long does a message sit in the OUTBOX?

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Deimos wrote:I have sent 2 PMs and both are shown sitting in my OUTBOX.... neither is shown under the SENT Messages listing, although after I hit SUBMIT the statement "This message has been successfully sent" does show up.

When I sent a test message (via PM) to myself, it DID show up in the SENT messages listing and NOT in the OUTBOX.
So, were the messages sent? (The recipient has not responded , altho' he may not yet have seen them, if they did, in fact, get sent successfully)
How long does a message sit in the OUTBOX?
I've got the same issue.

I am unsure at the moment, but looking at the settings and understanding how phpBB works, it seems that the messages will sit in the Outbox if the recipient *potentially* has a full Inbox. In essence, your Outbox is working as a buffer until the recipient makes room. Once that is done, the messages should theoretically move to your Sent box... if I am grasping what I've seen so far. In the old forum, this was resolved by the simple message that told you that person's PM box was full. :huh:
This Space for Rent

We need to get the multiquote function back. Doing a multiquote manually is a real pain.

Oh, never mind. It's here. You simply have to start your first reply, then drop below and click the quote symbol for each post you want to quote.
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

BladeCollector wrote:Out of the 2 computers and 1 phone I use to log in, it seems like there is no rhyme or reason about the forums not remembering me. i think my phone always remembers, but the computers are hit and miss.
Just the opposite for me.....

Olorin wrote:
BladeCollector wrote:Out of the 2 computers and 1 phone I use to log in, it seems like there is no rhyme or reason about the forums not remembering me. i think my phone always remembers, but the computers are hit and miss.
Just the opposite for me.....

Well, hmmmm
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I haven't had a huge logging in problem. Just happens occasionally.
Arwyniel wrote:Is there any way to get the text of a pm in the email notification? As of now I only get the subject header. I liked having an email backup in case I ever needed to delete the pm.
So...is this not an option?

Arwyniel wrote:I haven't had a huge logging in problem. Just happens occasionally.
Arwyniel wrote:Is there any way to get the text of a pm in the email notification? As of now I only get the subject header. I liked having an email backup in case I ever needed to delete the pm.
So...is this not an option?
Sorry, I overlooked this question... I can look around and see what if I can do anything. GuardianWolf might know more if its not a clickable setting if its some sort of code/feature we could add.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I've tweaked the settings regarding logins. Let me know if this clears it up.

Basically (for anyone curious), phpBB tries to ensure that you really mean to keep yourself logged in. That way if you're on a friend's computer or in a public lab, it won't leave you logged in there. There are several "levels" of security that handles this. I can lower it further if we need to.

It also has to do with your ISP. Your ISP assigns a dynamic IP address, most do. So when phpBB sees that you're on a different IP than you were before, it doesn't log you in automatically. Depending on what your ISP does, your IP address from one connection to another might vary a little or it might vary a lot. phpBB allows for every level of variation.

Yes, we are aware. Seems that nothing is wrong with the forum software, our server, or the dns. GW seems to be certain it's an issue affecting users of Comcast, which he is, as are yourself and Olorin. All report normal access from their phones but not their PCs.
This Space for Rent

Go figure! Comcast!
A company who sells the fastest internet services with the SLOWEST website on the planet!

I'm back on as well, but it couldn't have happened at a worst time, I lost contact right after launching the new helm.
I have to pay Comcast a visit Saturday and confront them with doubling my bill out of the blue. :viking:
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

I've had lots of annoyances with Comcast over the years, generally due to them increasing my bill and being hard to negotiate with for a lower one. All previous cable companies we've had in this area were much easier to get promotional deals from. With Comcast, you pretty much have to threaten to quit to get a price break from them.

Return to “Suggestions & Complaints”