Re: haldir's bow

Heya Rick,
Firstly, welcome to the forums! Great collection you got going there (seeing your pics).

Now i'm not really into bows, but i must say - this Haldir's bow looks sweet. Congrats on your addition - will you be shooting it often? lol

[quote=""rick cottontree""]thanks - every day i regret that i had not picked up a museum glamdring when they first came out,, you have a nice shelf display there! i have been eyeballing bowsticks horsebows lately.[/quote]
I had a look at your collection and noticed some recurve wood longbows, they looked like they were wood compound construction, did you make those? If not where did they come from because they look great. I'm going to get back into archery after a 20 year absence. Any tips on good archery suppliers, I'm looking for traditional gear.

[quote=""Arwyniel""]Very nice! I have to show you my bow that I got from bowstick. It was shipped bare and I did the sculpt work. Non-functional. :)

showthread.php?t=3766[/quote]

That's a non-functional bow, wow. Could have fooled me, I saw some of the bowstick.com Lothlorian bows fire, I thought they were all working arms. Those peacock quivers are certainly a nice addition. You have some fine work there, and a nice job on the leaf work.

I specifically asked for non-functional/display only. If I understood Justin correctly, he cut the bow out of the wood without regard to how the rings were positioned. Evidently that is important between functional and non functional.

Thanks for the comments! :)

Return to “Archery”