Legolas Bow (Arco di Legolas)

Well I finally got my Arco di Legolas, Legolas's Bow, and it looks great! It was the most painless buying process ever. 4 days from order to receipt! And that was from Italy! If UC ever comes out with one you know I will have to get that one too. I am seriously on the UC bandwagon. They have great stuff. Unfortunately, as many have commented about on this forum, UC isn't making a Legolas Bow. This one, however, is officially licensed and it looks awesome. I have posted pics in the gallery. Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Re: Legolas Bow (Arco di Legolas)

Overall, I think that bow and the two arrows look pretty good. Sometimes pictures don't tell the whole story, but that looks exactly like what I would e xp ect a UC-made bow to look like, so it is fairly consistent with the existing prop line. If I do have one complaint though, it would be with the colour of the wood used for the bow. In every single picture that I have seen of the prop, the wood on the Mirkwood bow is much darker, almost black. There is a company that makes unlicensed versions of this bow, and they too use the same dark wood as the prop (or more likely just a dark varnish or lacquer finish to give it that colour.) The wood on this version is a little too red for my taste; looks exactly like the handle of Hadhafang and Strider's Elven Knife. On the other hand, perhaps it is just the lighting on the pics or the camera flash.
Last edited by Valkrist on Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah,
Probably just the flash. It is pretty dark wood. I know what you mean though, I have seen the darker ones you mention, and this is not as dark as those. These ARE officially licensed by NewLine. They come with the NewLine logo and everything on the certificate. That's probably one of the reasons I like this one is that it is officially licensed.

Very nice indeed toro1966, congratulations :) I would've e xp ected an official replica to have a darker stained wood too, since the company responsible for making this bow will no doubt have had access to the prop, but I don't really mind that much. I think it looks nice regardless, and would be the perfect compliment to some of Kropserkel's Legolas bracers I think. Both have the lighter shade of brown (compared to the prop) and the gold vine designs, so they would like nice on display together I should imagine.

Return to “Archery”