Re: The Little Details

Quite right Turgon!

So lets get back on track with another little one.

Peter Jackson's two kids had small parts in all three films.

In the fellowship, they were listening to Bilbo's story about the trolls
In the Two Towers, they were two in the Glittering caves at Helm's Deep
In the Return of the King, they were in the streets of Minas Tirith when Faramir rides out to Osgiliath with the Host of Gondor.

Sir Tristram wrote:Where did Gandalf the White get the Lorien cloak right after he hooks back up with the trio....and calls for Shadowfax?

They are all wearing their cloaks, and then Gandalf disguises himself with one too....Who's is that? ;) :confused:

Because gandalf got his white clothes and staff from Lothlorien, im guessing he got a cloak too. Ive always wondered that too, but i think that is a reasonable answer :D

It makes scense...
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Sir Tristram wrote:Good point....It's a stretch for those that don't know where he got his new duds to begin with!
Some would ask why he isn't wearing it when Treebeard brings Pip and Merry to him...and why he isn't wearing it when the trio meets him in Fangorn....
Guess he couldn't have done that cool white light trick with it on! :D

In the book, he has the conversation with the three hunters before doing the lightshow, at least the part of the conversation dealing with looking for hobbits, before they know who he is. He's cloaked in gray at that point. Actually, it's described as a tattered, dirty cloak. (I think it was a logical change for PJ to make it one of the Lorien cloaks--but of course he can't have Gandalf wearing it when they first meet him, or they will clue in too quickly that he's on their side.) Anyway, they decide he is Saruman and try to attack him. He then leaps onto the rock, shedding the cloak, and the fireworks begin.
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Return to “Tolkien”