Re: Has anyone seen...

Yes, he was using (what people believe) was the Witcking's sword before he became the Witchking. In other words, the sword that the Witchking wielded as a King of men. I have a picture for you guys, which I will post as an attachment. It looks like a mixture of Glamdring, Strider's Ranger sword, and Boromir's sword. In the full sized image, Gandalf is standing next to the sword which is mounted on his horse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(º·.¸(¨*· .¸ . ¸.·**· .¸ . ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
«´¨`·.¸.(º·.¸(ﷲﺁ )¸.·º).¸.·´¨`»
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)
[/b]

Anarion wrote:He had some forsight on going to orthanc by not taking glamdring or it would have been lost. But how does he get his staff back? Is it a different one or somethin?

Yup,his staff is different.I am assuming the elves made him a new one at Rivendell.The old staff is the one with the pipe and the new one is the one with the crystal.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadow shall spring; Renewed shall be the blade that was broken: The crownless again shall be king.

Thorongil AKA (Aragorn) wrote:Do You Think that UC would make this sword.Maybe or maybe not but I would buy it if it was made.Who Knows maybe UC would surprise us with this sword oh well I'm guessing it probaly won't be made but it does kinda look like Aragorns Ranger Sword You can tell by the Crossguard and the Pommel

Kit said in an interview that,they would like to go back and make some of the lesser-seen swords.So this one is a possibility.Not in the next couple of years though.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadow shall spring; Renewed shall be the blade that was broken: The crownless again shall be king.

Could it be possible that Gandalf gave Glamdring to Elrond for safe keeping after the Quest of Erebor in the Hobbit? Glamdring is after all an heirloom of Elrond's family (Being related to King Turgon of Gondolin). Elrond may have given Glamdring back to Gandalf as he had forseen his need for it in the future.

Return to “Tolkien”