Re: Actual weapon movie props

I would too, but all i heard was what youve said, that theve been given to the actors, and the rest is New lines property. There probly keeping all of it in storage, and i hear some people want to have them make a permanet museum in NZ, but i think that in 20 years, some new greedy kid that runs new line cinama, will auction it off and make a fortune :mad:

We can be happy for Uniteds reproductions :D
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

If I remember correctly, there was something 44,000 pieces of armor/weapons made. I'm sure alot of it was damaged in filming, some was given for the museum, and some was given to the actors and others from the movie. For instance, Peter Jackson has alot of the stuff including alot of UC stuff. The rest may go to auction someday.
"Do not come between a Nazgul and his prey. " - The Witchking of Angmar

Yes, multiple versions of each sword were made for the film. Of course there was the "hero" version, made of spring steel and definitely the most "real" of the bunch. But aluminium and rubber versions were also made. I wonder if they gave away aluminuim versions in the Hasbro contest? Or maybe there were multiple "hero"s, aluminiums, etc. and they could more easily let go of a spring steel version?

In the Entertainment Weekly Special Lord of the Rings collector issues,it mentions that some of the actors got their swords.Here is what it said:

Elijah Wood:They didn't mention anything about him keeping Sting in the Entertainment Weekly but,I read somewhere else that he indeed keep one of them along with a one ring

Sean Astin:He kept Sam's sword

Christopher Lee:Apparently he doesnt know about United Cutlery since he thinks he is the only person in the world with a Saruman staff.He also has one of the swords of Aragorn.

Jhon Rhys-Davies:He kept the Battle Axe

Hugo Weaving:He has his sword which he keeps under a couch

Bernard Hill:He kept his helmet and his practice sword.

Thats all whom they mentioned that had something.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadow shall spring; Renewed shall be the blade that was broken: The crownless again shall be king.

Viggo actually bought the horse from the owners, and he also bought the horse in Hidalgo. I have seen many times online that he insisted on using the steel sword only.
"Elendil! I am Aragorn son of Arathorn, and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dúnadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!"
---Aragorn---

Anduril492 wrote:Viggo actually bought the horse from the owners, and he also bought the horse in Hidalgo. I have seen many times online that he insisted on using the steel sword only.

Yes, the man likes his horses. It's a good thing he wasn't in "Seabiscuit," as they used something like a dozen or two different horses to recreate Seabiscuit!
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Gilgalad-2490 wrote:Actually in TTT EE they said not a single weapon was damaged which was a record in movie making

This is almost true. Since that was only the second movie and since then the third had been released. For the three movies that were made, only... ONE sword was broken through the entire filiming of the LoTR. This is a major triumph for the weta team. For the average movie with swords in, 15 to 20 swords are usually broken through one movie. LoTR's was three movies... and only one sword was broken. IF you ask me... those are well made swords!
Valar morghulis

Gilgalad-2490 wrote:I wonder which weapon broke:confused: it would be cool to know, but then for the rest of its life that sword would be shunned for breaking WETA's perfect record :D

I know exactly which one, narsil to become shards of narsil. Just kidding :p

I never heard that a sword actually broke, i thought they had a perfect record. Where'd you hear that thorin so you can refresh my memory.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Return to “Tolkien”