Re: Unofficial Bilbo & Frodo Mithril Shirt PROJECT

elrondelendil wrote:Huh? I dont get it ;)
What he means is, since nobody has produced an officially licensed version of this mithril shirt, then perhaps whoever it is you plan to have make them could apply to NewLineCinema for a license, so that all these reproductions would be officially licensed, and could be sold as such. That way they'd probably be given access to the actual prop shirt, and could then make a more accurate replica...

it seems like you are a littel upseced whit this shirt elendoril.
i have read the tread from the link you put up,someone said its like a butcher mail and that can be true,i am a butcher and have been wereing mail and gloves.the metal rings on thise gloves and mail are very small ,like the shirt is made.(dificuldt to say from this smal pictuer).
but i think the price for a bilbo shirt will depent on how meny small metal ring it is made of .

elrondelendil wrote:I don't see it that much overpriced, in the end it's a custom job, not a massive custome factory set... Moreover it's supposed to be crafted 1 by 1 based on our requirements...

How much do you think UC would charge for one mithril shirt? How much would you actually pay for a prop replica in real mail?
I understand that it's custom made, and that is going to make it all the more e xp ensive, if it's tailored to your preference. Bear in mind that the price list that UC4LDS106 posted was for a hobbit-sized shirt, so imagine how much you'd be paying for something that you could actually wear (unless you're happy with not being able to wear the hobbit-sized one).
I don't think United would charge anymore than between the $250 and $600 that I quoted before, because they'd go somewhere and have it mass produced by someone who knows what they're doing (as in, the people at United won't know how to make mail). The larger quantity would keep the average cost down. As for how much would I pay for one? Not a lot, as this doesn't really interest me.

But good luck to all of you who do go ahead and have one of these shirts made. It will be interesting to see pictures of the final product.

Return to “Tolkien”