What race in middle earth do you most associate yourself with?

The Elves
Total votes: 6 (50%)
The Dwarves (No votes)
The Humans (our own race, unless of course your an alien)
Total votes: 2 (17%)
The wizards
Total votes: 4 (33%)
Total votes: 12

Re: What race do you most associate yourself with?

[quote=""Valkrist""]No, but give the word and I will delete this thread and then you can make a new one. I would suggest adding orcs also. I think a couple of our members might identify more with them. Sorry, no names! :crazy: [/quote]
Goblins TOO!
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Hey EG

When you say humans do you mean humans like the Men of Westernesse?
Or lesser men like the Dunlendings and Haradrim?
And you left out the Ents!!! what about the Onodrim ---The Race of Ents?

So let's everyone pile on poor EG!!!!! :D

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

lol... ok, that's enough laughs. By the way, spiders are not a race, and Balrogs are Maiar, so they are the same as the Istari (wizards,) and Sauron.

In your new poll, if you wish to break down the humans a little bit, just use Tolkien's own subcategories: Men of Light, Men of Twilight, and Men of Darkness. I'm not sure I would include the Maiar because they are powerful, supernatural spirits, and while they could be considered a 'race,' I'm not sure how one could justify identifying with them the most, since it would be too far removed from our simple mortal existence.
This Space for Rent

Return to “Tolkien”