Tolkien to be played in a movie?

My apologies if there's already a post about this buried somewhere. I've been away and there's lots to read. However, while reading another site, I came across this very interesting article. Anyone know anything else about this? I'm intrigued by the idea, to say the least. :huh:

JRR Tolkien Is A Character In "Mirkwood"

By Garth Franklin Monday August 15th 2011 02:41PM

Author Steve Hillard and EMO Films are teaming to develop a film adaptation of his novel "Mirkwood" reports Heat Vision. The book centers around a fictional version of "The Lord of the Rings" author J.R.R. Tolkien who is hiding secret documents that the forces of evil will do anything to obtain. A young orphan girl, Cadence, discovers them four decades later as dark forces from the realm of fantasy hunt down the documents and their guardian.
Hillard says the film "will delve considerably deeper into Tolkien's little-known back story, such as his original plans to become a codebreaker in World War II up through the writing of his enduring work."
Joel Eisenberg and Timothy Owens will executive produce.
This Space for Rent

Re: Tolkien to be played in a movie?

[quote=""The Flame of the West""]I might have to track this book down. Also, interesting name for a film studio :crazy2:[/quote]
I definitely want to get this book.
Sounds like an interesting idea to keep tabs on.

I've always related Gandalf to Tolkien even before the films. It just made sense to me that a "neutral" person who was always there for all of it would be it's ultimate narrator.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Return to “Tolkien”