LOTR Flags and Banners

So i recently order a large number of the LOTR flags from the manufacturer in Germany, and pictured on the bag of Gil-galad's flag is a banner that i have never seen before anywhere called the banner of Elendil. Its a large three part flag with two side banners similar to the look of the edge of Boromir's flag and a center piece that looks like a large version of Aragorn's flag.

Has anyone seen this before or know of what i am talking about. I will try to post a picture when i get home tonight of the package but i don't know if this was a product they intended to release and then never did but it looks like it would have been massive.

I did some digging through the internet archive's wayback machine too and found all of the flags and banners that i knew were produced, but no reference or any more images of this flag....
http://www.pegasuswd.com/

Re: LOTR Flags and Banners

[quote=""dpegasusm""]So i recently order a large number of the LOTR flags from the manufacturer in Germany, and pictured on the bag of Gil-galad's flag is a banner that i have never seen before anywhere called the banner of Elendil. Its a large three part flag with two side banners similar to the look of the edge of Boromir's flag and a center piece that looks like a large version of Aragorn's flag.

Has anyone seen this before or know of what i am talking about. I will try to post a picture when i get home tonight of the package but i don't know if this was a product they intended to release and then never did but it looks like it would have been massive.

I did some digging through the internet archive's wayback machine too and found all of the flags and banners that i knew were produced, but no reference or any more images of this flag....[/quote]

What an intriguing mystery....the quest for the Lost Standard of Elendil.
Wonder if our resident Scholars of Middle Earth know anything of it....

(btw Dpeg, l like your reference to "the wayback machine". I wonder how many people on the forums know the origin of that phrase....)

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

so can anyone here confirm that it was never made or should i start hunting...?

Below is a ling to some images of the banners (Thanks Val)
http://www.tolkiencollector.com/pages/record0476.html

and here is my compiled list of all that i know were made:

Elven Banner 3000
Eomer Flag Nr. 3002
Arwen Coronation of the King Flag Nr. 3003
Boromir Flag Nr. 3004
Banner of Gilgalad Nr. 3005
Lord of the Rings Uruk Hai Flag Nr. 3006
Lothlorien Elven Flag Nr. 3009
Gondor Flag 3011
Aragorn Flag 3013
Lord of the Rings Aragorn Flag Nr 3014
Orc Flag 3015
Rohirrim Flag (Black) Nr. 3017
Easterlings Flag Nr. 3016
Rohirrim Flag (Green) Nr. 3018
Rohirrim Flag Nr. 3019
Rohan Flag, green Nr. 3020
King's Hall Banner (Rohan) Nr. 3021
Banner of Rohan II Nr. 3022
Banner of Rohan III Nr. 3023
Banner of Rohan IV Nr. 3024
The Banner of Eomer Nr. 3025

And now for a shameless self plug. I am currently looking for:
Orc Flag 3015 (#11 on the link)
Rohirrim Flag (Black) Nr. 3017 (#12 on the link)
Easterlings Flag Nr. 3016 (#1 on the link)
Gondor Flag 3011 (#10 on the image)
Aragorn Flag 3013 (#2 on the link)
Eomer Flag Nr. 3002 (not shown green with blue tips)

if anyone is looking to sell i'm looking to buy :P

Found all my flags, and I was able to nail down which Rohirrim banner I have among the many that they made: it is nr.3019. :P

Just looking at these in my hand again reminded me of how huge they are. You really do need a big room to be able to find a place to hang these on the wall among so many swords and other stuff. I gotta ask, dpeg, do you have all your banners up, and if no, how you plan to do it someday? Going to buy a castle with a large hall? :crazy:

Another question: there seem to be two versions of the Aragorn Flag, 3013 and 3014. 3013 is the one I have and was the early version, but I always thought it had an odd shape which does not match the one in the movie. Then they made 3014 to replace the older one, and now it has the correct shape. I wonder if this makes the 3013 version rarer because they messed up on the shape?
Last edited by Valkrist on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This Space for Rent

So because i was interested in the flags i asked the company if they were going to produce more of them and if the Elendil banner was an actual one .... this is response i got:

seems like we have some fun stuff coming :)
Dear dpegasusm *

thank you for your qustions *

we work on it...

new flags Numeorer, big Gondor banner, Theodens, Moria Orcs

and perhaps we will produce some of the old Items (like first Orc, Eastelings
because a lot of collectors ask for this items...
End of Mai- June i hope we have some of this in Stock

Best regards from Andreas Pehl

If you guys are interested in this stuff, I know there's several eBay sellers offering custom flag prints. The result will be as good as any flag you buy, as long as the resolution of the picture you choose is good enough. So with all our favourite movies coming out on hd this and bluray that, you can get any scene from any movie, printed to standard on a big flag.

Not bad at all, really.
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

[quote=""dpegasusm""]so can anyone here confirm that it was never made or should i start hunting...?

Below is a ling to some images of the banners (Thanks Val)
http://www.tolkiencollector.com/pages/record0476.html

and here is my compiled list of all that i know were made:

Elven Banner 3000
Eomer Flag Nr. 3002
Arwen Coronation of the King Flag Nr. 3003
Boromir Flag Nr. 3004
Banner of Gilgalad Nr. 3005
Lord of the Rings Uruk Hai Flag Nr. 3006
Lothlorien Elven Flag Nr. 3009
Gondor Flag 3011
Aragorn Flag 3013
Lord of the Rings Aragorn Flag Nr 3014
Orc Flag 3015
Rohirrim Flag (Black) Nr. 3017
Easterlings Flag Nr. 3016
Rohirrim Flag (Green) Nr. 3018
Rohirrim Flag Nr. 3019
Rohan Flag, green Nr. 3020
King's Hall Banner (Rohan) Nr. 3021
Banner of Rohan II Nr. 3022
Banner of Rohan III Nr. 3023
Banner of Rohan IV Nr. 3024
The Banner of Eomer Nr. 3025

And now for a shameless self plug. I am currently looking for:
Orc Flag 3015 (#11 on the link)
Rohirrim Flag (Black) Nr. 3017 (#12 on the link)
Easterlings Flag Nr. 3016 (#1 on the link)
Gondor Flag 3011 (#10 on the image)
Aragorn Flag 3013 (#2 on the link)
Eomer Flag Nr. 3002 (not shown green with blue tips)

if anyone is looking to sell i'm looking to buy :P [/quote]

I own one of the Rohirrem banners, on either side of which I have mounted Herugrim and Eowyn's sword. It makes a very nice display.

If anyone is still looking for any of these banners or flags, there is a seller on Amazon that still has a modest number of many of them still available:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UT ... 31NJAFD5NM
Last edited by Buckeye on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

[quote=""Buckeye""]I own one of the Rohirrem banners, on either side of which I have mounted Herugrim and Eowyn's sword. It makes a very nice display.

If anyone is still lookingfor any of these banners or flags, there is a seller on Amazon that still has a modest number of many of them still available:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UT ... 31NJAFD5NM[/quote]

For some reason, the URL was truncated. To see the LOTR banners the seller has available, type the word "banner" into the "search for other products from this seller" field.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

That must be relatively new - I have regularly checked in on their site and only noticed that one in the last couple of months. Whether that means its from the Hobbit or not remains to be seen.

That is the house symbol/emblem that is emblazoned on the plaque of the Fighting Knives of Legolas.

Incidentally, many years ago I used a high res image of one of those banners to generate a vector file with the idea of having custom ones printed by a flag maker. I also drew up various other house symbols. It proved too costly at the time. I did print some smaller scale versions of them on a plan printer to hang with my Elven shield. I'll try and take some pics soon.

There are two that have appeared in the last few months, Legolas and Numenor banners, the Legolas is the blue-green colored version of the last alliance banner and the other is the purple thing... (not a fan) im not sure where these came from but their item numbers put them in the same series as the rest of the banners. I ordered a new Rohan flag from them recently for a friend and the packaging has changed as well..... it still says LOTR but shows some other new banners... ill see if i can get a pic on here soon.

I'm going to necro-bumb this old thread because I'm curious if anyone has any pictures of the missing rohirrim flags, numbers 17-19. Also, is there actually a black version of number 25? Is the banner behind Theoden's throne black or green?
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

I don't recall seeing that flag anywhere in the movies. In fact, most the latter releases seem to be just interpretations of banners that are never actually seen on film, as in "if Numenor or Elendil had a banner, this is what it would look like" kind of thing.
This Space for Rent

Huh. What I'm really interested are Theoden's Hall banners behind the throne, some Gondor flags and the Elven banner, so I guess it doesn't affect me much. I say this like I have anywhere to put these. :P I think I might hang two Rohan banners over my bed in my dorm this year, actually. :huh:
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

[quote=""Fingolfin""]Huh. What I'm really interested are Theoden's Hall banners behind the throne, some Gondor flags and the Elven banner, so I guess it doesn't affect me much. I say this like I have anywhere to put these. :P I think I might hang two Rohan banners over my bed in my dorm this year, actually. :huh: [/quote]

Ultra nice decor...you sure someone there in the dorms won't abscond with them while you're in class?

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Return to “Tolkien”