TOLKIEN 2019

Tolkien 2019 - the largest celebration of Tolkien ever held by the Society.
Celebrating 50 years of The Tolkien Society, it will bring together hundreds of fans, scholars and artists from all over the world.
This event will be held at the Macdonald Burlingtom Hotel in Birmingham (UK) on the 7th to 11th August.
I'm wondering how many UC Forum members are planning to pay a visit.

I'm booked as one of the exhibitors and plan to have a display of most of my goodies, including some new items that I'm working on.
Hopefully my Nauglamir will be finished by then and will be on view. It will give me a chance to meet up with Ted Nasmith who has been most supportive towards this project and is keen to see his artwork turned into reality.

Who's going?

https://www.tolkien2019.com/
Just call me Fëanor.

Re: TOLKIEN 2019

Dreamspheres wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:02 am Tolkien 2019 - the largest celebration of Tolkien ever held by the Society.
Who's going?
https://www.tolkien2019.com/
If ever there were a reason to put my loathing of flying on hold, this would be it. :O
My Sil Stand (yours really) will be my proxy.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Deimos wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:29 am
If ever there were a reason to put my loathing of flying on hold, this would be it. :O
My Sil Stand (yours really) will be my proxy.
You could enjoy a nice cruise on a luxurious liner....but whatever you do...I would like that Sil stand to complete the display, please.

The exhibition is in August....

This year!

:coolsmile
Just call me Fëanor.

Idril wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:09 pm I would so like to attend..... but sadly.

I hope it all goes great John. I’d love to see some pics of your display
Oh, I will be taking lots of photos and will give feedback after the event. I'm sure the organisers will be putting out photos as well and I will post links to anything I find about the event.
I lived in Birmingham for 8 years in a previous 'life', so it will be interesting to re-visit my old stomping-ground after all these years. I still have good friends who live there.

Things I will be displaying:

Dreamsphere
Original Palantir
SAB Palantir
Small SAB Palantir
Light of Earendil
Set of Silmarils with stand
Artenstone with stand
The Nauglamir with coffer

+ anything else that I might conjure up in the meantime.
Just call me Fëanor.

Dreamspheres wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:58 am ....but whatever you do...I would like that Sil stand to complete the display, please. The exhibition is in August.... This year! :coolsmile
Ha.Ha.Ha.

Still a 'Go' for February.....might be the last day of February, tho' ....

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Return to “Tolkien”