A Million Here, a Million There, ....

I didn't post this in the Barter Bazaar because I didn't think anyone would seriously consider buying it (tho' I could be mistaken.... :rolleye: )
I'm posting it just because it's pretty impressive; whether or not it's really worth $1 million I don't know. Something is worth what folks are willing to pay for it.
But it did make me wonder how much N2 could get for his entire collection en masse, including all his custom made items, especially his own that are one of a kind.

Anyway, as Rod Serling says, "for your consideration" ... Lord of the Rings and Hobbit Limited Museum Collection

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Re: A Million Here, a Million There, ....

Deimos wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:27 pm I didn't post this in the Barter Bazaar because I didn't think anyone would seriously consider buying it (tho' I could be mistaken.... :rolleye: )
I'm posting it just because it's pretty impressive; whether or not it's really worth $1 million I don't know. Something is worth what folks are willing to pay for it.
But it did make me wonder how much N2 could get for his entire collection en masse, including all his custom made items, especially his own that are one of a kind.

Anyway, as Rod Serling says, "for your consideration" ... Lord of the Rings and Hobbit Limited Museum Collection
Dang... if it would have been 950,000 I would have jumped on it! :P
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

BladeCollector wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:17 am
Deimos wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:27 pm I didn't post this in the Barter Bazaar because I didn't think anyone would seriously consider buying it (tho' I could be mistaken.... :rolleye: )

Dang... if it would have been 950,000 I would have jumped on it! :P
:
HAHA...and where would you put it all?

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

“ If different manufacturers had the same products in their catalogs, I always choose the limited edition or if there was no limited edition, then I choose the nicer/better constructed and detailed version. For an example: Arwen’s Hadhafang Sword. I choose the Noble Collection Version instead of the United Cutlery Version because the sword includes real wood and gold patterns on the grip. (not just gold paint on it)”

Yeh but that’s what the prop was actually like? Best of luck selling them all at that price :crazy:

It also has that ugly silver throat/guard that isn’t accurate to the prop. Any serious collector is going to be looking for prop accuracy even if that means it’s not very nice to look at - not saying UC’s Hadhafang isn’t nice by the way.

Also I’m sure the NC hadhafang has a metal handle and not wood as that’s how they do the raised vine pattern, its a cast one piece handle that’s then painted with a wood grain finish. I may be wrong of course.

Edit: correction, the handle is plastic as per this RPF post - https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/h ... ct.237531/
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Return to “Other Discussions”