Re: Nelum?

Ive noticed it to, but the thing with Nelum is when I first joined, she was very active, then after a month or so, she didnt visit or post much. Then she came back again to around the time you joined, so I guess some people like having breaks from certain forums because they are buzy etc.Not sure where Darth Rage is, but im sure he will pop up eventually. There are also some other forum members who have become inactive aswell, but there probly just buzy or have lost intrest in collecting swords, shame really. But the good thing is this forum will always have newer members join in
:cheers:
-wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

I agree, gnomelord sparks up alot of stuff here.

Anyway, I've noticed alot people here have been taking "vacations", myself included. I post around mostly in the SW discussion thread since the new movie is coming out. I don't do anything much else around here.:rolleyes_
 ! Warning
The signature picture extension is not installed.

Yeah, it's always kind of sad when people don't post for a while, for whatever reason.
Gregorious0202 is a member I haven't seen on for a long time, or he hasn't posted recently anyway.

I find it most worrying however, when the staff don't post. Swordsman for example, and Master Dwarf. I know he was moving to New Zealand, but he hasn't posted since like December :(

The Flame of the West wrote:I find it most worrying however, when the staff don't post. Swordsman for example, and Master Dwarf. I know he was moving to New Zealand, but he hasn't posted since like December :(

Yeah, DarkDragon too, I used to IM him but hes been busy, and he had to shut his forum down "knights realm" which became a "sister site" to UCF, but never really became a sucess sadly. GALADRIAL used to post a lot aswell, and she hasnt visited in a while either. Elfstone who Ive talked to has been busy, and his friend Melime who Blade collector mentioned, has also not shared anymore of her beautiful art. Then there some of the mods, Boromir, Elessar, who used to be very active have kinda slowed down, perhaps it just the LOTR fans are dying down because of the movies are gone. Hec, but il probly stay here for a long time, Im always intrested in weapons, even if its not from the LOTR
Gnomelord0 wrote:amen, the new members(and grima) keep this forrum going.

nah, my post are considered spam ;) Theres a lot more older posters who keep this forum livly then me, flame, blade collecter, Val, Olorin, and many more
-wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Grima Wormtongue wrote:Yeah, DarkDragon too, I used to IM him but hes been busy, and he had to shut his forum down "knights realm" which became a "sister site" to UCF, but never really became a sucess sadly. GALADRIAL used to post a lot aswell, and she hasnt visited in a while either. Elfstone who Ive talked to has been busy, and his friend Melime who Blade collector mentioned, has also not shared anymore of her beautiful art. Then there some of the mods, Boromir, Elessar, who used to be very active have kinda slowed down, perhaps it just the LOTR fans are dying down because of the movies are gone. Hec, but il probly stay here for a long time, Im always intrested in weapons, even if its not from the LOTR
Aye, you're right. King Elessar has been a member for longer than me, and I've now surpassed his post count and become 2nd only to the mighty Grima! ;)
I guess the absence of LOTR has caused some of the decline, but I'm with you, as long as this forums continues, I'll continue posting.

Grima Wormtongue wrote:nah, my post are considered spam ;) Theres a lot more older posters who keep this forum livly then me, flame, blade collecter, Val, Olorin, and many more
-wormtongue
You don't give yourself enough credit! Your posts certainly attract responses, so they can't be all that bad.
I'm honoured that you placed me in a group with Olorin and Valkrist, though I'm only a few months older than you are! I don't think I'm of a sufficient calibre just yet to be worthy of that placement however! They are easily the most knowledable people on the forums (along with Foe Hammer), and have earned my respect many fold.
While we may have some decline in interest, the members who do post frequently are the ones that make this place great (and yes Grima, I include you in that statement), so I guess I'm not complaining too much :)

gnomelord0 wrote:i agree when i first started here grima, the artist formaly known as gtw and the others realy made me feal welcome
I like how that can be. Although I haven't really been to a whole lot of them, this is the most friendly forum I've ever been to, everyone is so nice! We never really see anything like insults or negative stuff in general. And people help each other out; they helped me with my defective Anduril.
Anyway this is getting off-topic...

I agree, this thread is going in a nice direction, since we already have istablished where nelum is (away from the forum is the answer to the question),

First, thank you both flame and crimson for saying those nice words I guess, and sorry for my low self estem in my posts, its just ever since eowyn left me... :D

Second, I agree that this forum has really nice people, and when I first joined I automaticly felt like part of its family. Some other forums you kinda feel left outwhen you first join, or else you just dont fit into it at all. for example, I decided to join the brad dourif forum because im a good fan of his work for grima, aswell as other preformances such as billy bibbit in one flew over the cuckoes next, aswell, I wanted to bring my grima dagger petition there aswell. Though there members are mostly all ladys, drooling over him, which is why I was bringing this up, some forums you feel really comfortable in (like this one), and some you dont (like the brad dourif forum, where theres nothing wrong with it, its just more of a ladys forum)

Anyways, Viva la UCForums! :D

I rember a couple other members that dont seem to be visiting more. Faramir of gondor, who used to post quite a bit and Sauron, who lives pretty close to the city I live in, Vancouver BC, and we both got our swords from the same shop, though now Ive orderd online a couple times.
-wormtongue

You see, the 7 posts in this thread since my last just shows what a great place this is. Perhaps people will think we're a bit sentimental, but so what! I'd rather be a member of this forum, where everybody is nice to everyone else, than a forum where you have a hard time earning respect enough so that you feel like you fit in somewhat.
You start out with respect in my books, and keep it unless you cause to much :arguing: !

Everyone's opinions are accepted here, even if you dont agree with what someone else thinks. and you are taken seriously no matter if you have 1 post or 1000. You are never made to feel stupid if you ask a question, I hate other forums when people ask a simple question, what regulars may think is common knowledge, but newcomers might not know. Some forums response to a question like "Where do you find a LE Anduril"... would be "LE Anduril are sold out you moron, where have you been for the past year and a half"... we would say "well, LE Anduril are sold out, but you may be able to find one in the aftermarket, maybe someone is selling theirs" or something helpful.

Lots of other forums make you feel like an outcast until you have alot of posts, here you are welcome once you make your first post.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I might be able to fill in some gaps here...

Swordsman is very very very busy with work. As some of you may or may not know... he runs a side business, making websites for people and from what I've heard from him... hes been swamped with that. As well as working at BBB, with all of the new things coming out. I do believe he hovers around every once and a while just to see what is going on.

Our friend in New Zealand is doing something incredibly awesome!

I myself have been quite busy with school work and end of the year projects... its my last year of highschool!

And you are absolutely right BladeCollector. We don't shun people for posts that have been made a thousand times over. We welcome everyone... unless they give us a reason to ban them or something.

Glad to see that you are all still here posting away!

EDIT - This was my 700th post :thumbsup:
Valar morghulis

Man this thread has gone far, It started off like "Where's Nelum?" and now everyone's become one big happy family! :D

This really is a great place to be! I enjoy what every poster here posts . . . except for Grima. JK! :D
 ! Warning
The signature picture extension is not installed.

Grima Wormtongue wrote:Then there some of the mods, Boromir, Elessar, who used to be very active have kinda slowed down, perhaps it just the LOTR fans are dying down because of the movies are gone.
Not posting doesn't really make one inactive. I browse through the forums everyday, but my posts have decreased. I used to have the highest post count at one stage, but the mass deletion of threads, as well as adjusted post counts made my number drop significantly.

Of course, the lesson to learn is quality, not quantity. I would rather a member make one very good post per day, then make 100 pointless posts, which do not contribute to anything.

There have been many factors contributing to my lack of posting, however, I have been coming here a few times per day.
(º·.¸(¨*· .¸ . ¸.·**· .¸ . ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
«´¨`·.¸.(º·.¸(ﷲﺁ )¸.·º).¸.·´¨`»
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)
[/b]

Return to “Other Discussions”