Anyone part of the Class of 2005?

I was just wondering, since I had my graduation ceremony last night.

I must admit, it was an interesting occasion. I've lived here in America for just short of 2 years now, so I wasn't sure what to e xp ect of a tradition as big as this, since we don't have this in England.
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed it, though it's a little sad to think that most of the new friends I have made here, are all going off to college out of state, whereas I'm taking a year off since I've just turned 17, making me a pretty young Senior.
Anyway, it was a nice evening, though I was a little nervous walking up on stage in front of all those people! :goofy_pur

Re: Anyone part of the Class of 2005?

Hey congratulations you guys! I remember my high school graduation, even though it was a number of years ago. If you were nervous just walking across the stage to get your diploma--imagine my nervousness--I had to give a speech! I found a way to quote Tolkien in it, of course. :D
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Olorin1 wrote:Hey congratulations you guys! I remember my high school graduation, even though it was a number of years ago. If you were nervous just walking across the stage to get your diploma--imagine my nervousness--I had to give a speech! I found a way to quote Tolkien in it, of course. :D
Wow, that's legendary Olorin1! I don't think I could get up in front of hundreds of people and make a speech, I'm too shy! Just curious, why did you give a speech, were you the Valedictorian? You definitely seem smart enough ;)
Like Anduril33 requested, please tell us the Tolkien quote you used :)

Let's see....

The quote I used was "The Road Goes Ever On," the poem. You know how those high school graduation speeches are, talking about how well prepared you've been by school, and the challenges ahead, and so forth. I thought TRGEO fit those themes well, at least the challenges ahead part.

And yes, the reason why I had to speechify was that I was the Salutatorian.
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Return to “Other Discussions”