Happy 4th!

To those of us here in the US, Happy 4th of July! Currently I'm hoping the rain will go away so the fireworks can go on as scheduled tonight. For about 20 hours, I thought I'd been cheated out of them. Last night I was lying on the couch reading and after hearing distant booming for a number of minutes, I got up and looked out the window. There were major fireworks going off. I was stunned. I'd had no idea they were doing them locally on Sunday night instead of on the 4th. So I ***** to the cats about it (they had no comment) and went back to my book. Well, long story short, I don't know whose fireworks those were, but they weren't the official county celebration. So I get a second shot at it--assuming Mother Nature cooperates.

In any case, whatever your plans for the day--BBQ, cookout, party, fireworks, etc.--be safe and have fun!
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Re: Happy 4th!

I didnt do nothing today. I'm not a huge firework person... maybe every few years or more i might shell out for some artillary shells, but I never go to fireworks shows, heck, we didnt even stay for the fireworks at disney world. I pretty much set on my butt all day long
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Re: Happy 4th!

Happy Independence dya to all the American members of this board. I hope you all had a good day, and hopfully got to see or set of some fireworks (which never happened in my area for Canada day :( ) Cheers
:cheers:
-wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Return to “Other Discussions”