Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!!! (to Canadian Members)

Another weekend is here to enjoy Turkey, family, and beer. :thumbs_up Not nessecarily in that order either. I hope you all have a great weekend, and recognize everything you have to be thankful for. It shouldn't be hard to find the good things in your life, when everytime you turn on the t.v. all you see is a tumbling economy, crooked politicians, and tragety.
GOOD THING WE HAVE SUCH KICK-ASS COLLECTIBLES!!! :coolsmile
Happy Thanksgiving!
Head of the Department of Evil, Canadian Division.

"All that Longbottom gave me the munchies."

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!!! (to Canadian Members)

Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving to our friends up north! While you guys are stuffing yourself full of food, it's only Columbus Day weekend here, not a major holiday. I have been breaking my back out in the yard all weekend planting some bulb beds. It's a lot of work, because my soil is mostly hard clay, and you have to dig it out and grind it up, mix in some sand, and add some fertilizer, then put it back in the ground. It's a lot of work! But come spring, I'll have a very nice front yard!

In the mean time, everybody have a safe holiday, and don't eat TOO much! :)
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!!! (to Canadian Members)

I just looked at the calendar and saw that it is Thanksgiving today in Canada, so Happy Thanksgiving to our northern neighbors, and to our Canadian members! Don't over-eat!

It's a much lower-key holiday here south of the border, Columbus Day. Unless you work for a bank, school, or the government, you don't get it off and would be unaware of it except for the fact that American business will use any excuse for a sale to try to hustle customers into a store. Seriously, the retail industry makes a big deal out of Presidents Day.

I have very mixed feelings about Columbus Day. He did NOT discover the Americas but only opened them to European e xp loitation and ultimately, genocide. Not that he necessarily intended that! On the other hand, you know what they say about changing history. Had he not done this, the world would be so different. Probably none of us would exist, as history would have been so different that our ancestors would never have met and married, let alone our parents.

Well, off the rails way too far there. Back to topic...Canadian friends, enjoy your holiday!
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Return to “Other Discussions”