How do you guys hang your scabbards?

Alright, so I'm finally getting my stuff up on the wall. The only scabbard I've got is the Sting scabbard, but I'm not sure how to mount it. I've seen pictures in the gallery of people having theirs mounted next to the sword on the wall, for example I know for a fact that Justin's are, not sure who else had 'em that way though. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should mount it? Thanks. :thumbs_up
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Re: How do you guys hang your scabbards?

Some of mine are actually hung on the swords on the wall. The scabbards fit tight enough that you can hang them there without anything supporting it. Sting has the scabbard hanging next to it. I only have a few of the swords on display though. The LE stuff and the rare pieces are in their boxes in storage.

i know it isn't good to store the sword in its scabbard but i take them out regularly and use sword oil on them to keep them nice.

Pics:
http://www.pegasuswebsitedesign.com/lotr/

pic quality is bad sorry but you can get the idea.

Here are photos of how I've hung some of my scabbards. I used cord and screws in some instances, and also some of those small brass hooks that are used for hanging small picture frames. The scabbards have all kinds of areas on them that you can hook or loop something into and hang them. Hope that helps.

http://www.ucforums.com/photopost/showp ... ppuser=303
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Fingolfin""]Val, what specificaly did you use for the Sting Scabbard? And where did you get all those bracers, they are very cool![/quote]

For the Sting scabbard I used a small length of white cord and ran it through the belt loop in the back. Then I simply hung it from a screw in the wall.

The bracers are Boromir's Bracers of Gondor. They are the Kropserkel version. I have them above my Ranger sword because I don't have Boromir's sword and Aragorn ends up wearing them after his death anyway. I also have Legolas' Bracers, and the Gauntlets of the Witchking, also from Kropserkel.

These bracers are not the same item as the ones dpeg posted a link to. Those are from Aragorn's armour at the Black Gate.
Last edited by Valkrist on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This Space for Rent

Ooo, the legendary Kropserkel bracers! Exceptional products, those.

*Bows to Valkrist*

*Puts a few of those bracers on the "buy sometime when I'm feeling like getting something really fine" list* :D

EDIT: And yeah, I like both of Aragorn's bracer designs in different aspects. The ones he wears that were Boromir's have got a very regal and elegant look, while the ones with fluted metal on them are the elegant-yet-ready-for-a-huge-battle look.

*sigh* I love how Weta did the wing and tree motifs for Gondor...
Last edited by Jamanticus on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith!

Yeah, I've seen Aragorn's Morannon Battle gear before. I really like how they did that in the movie, with him looking regal yet still in Ranger fashion, not being decked out in plate armor like you would e xp ect a king to be...funny, it was Vigo's idea to do that, smart man.

Those bracers are awesome Val, I like the Boromir ones best...I never noticed until now that Aragorn wore those after Boromir died, heck I would they're nice! May I ask as to why you never got a Boromir sword?

Oh and I've got my Sting Scabbard up. I put a little picture hanger with adhesive backing on it on the wall, put a small nail in it for extra support, and took one of those little fan chain thingys and cut it real short with wire cutters...and then just fed it through the loop in the scabbard. I'll take a picture later.

I had, in fact, pre-ordered and prepaid for a Boromir sword way back when it was released. Unfortunately the dealer I was buying from at the time went belly up and it took me quite some time to get my money back. Part of that order were also Eowyn's sword, Gimli's Walking Axe, the Shield of Gondor, Isildur's Helm, and the Gondorian Helm. By the time it was all sorted out and I got my money back, other e xp enses had gotten in the way and my money went to more urgent things.

All these years later, I still haven't gotten around to chasing those items down, but they are harder to find now, and I don't really have wall space for them anyway, so they would likely sit in a box for the time being. Also, these are tough economic times and I have to be more careful with my disposable income and thus these items will remain on the backburner for now. :P
This Space for Rent

Ha, that sucks guys. I've got that shield, if I were you Val I'd go for that, it's well worth 200 bucks. If you want Isildur's Helm, I think Derek still has one for like $300-$400. It's been on and off ebay a few times, I'm sure he'd love to get rid of it to one of you gents. I must say though, the shield is impressive. I think in terms of just how nice it looks in a display, I think only the Shards and LE Anduril can rival it. The banner it comes with makes for a cool look.

[quote=""Fingolfin""]...I never noticed until now that Aragorn wore those after Boromir died....[/quote]

This might be one of those "Duh, you just now figured that out?" moments, but for the longest time I couldn't figure out when Aragorn got Boromir's bracers.

And then, when watching FOTR for the umpteenth time, it suddenly and clearly dawned on me what Aragorn was tightening on his forearm while speaking to Gimli and Legolas at Parth Galen, after they had launched Boromir's funeral boat on its way to Rauros. ...It is Boromir's bracers.

There was probably a scene that was left on the cutting room floor that shows Aragorn reverently removing the bracers, heirlooms of Gondor, from Boromir's lifeless arms.

However I could be totally wrong about that. It is a brief scene.

[quote=""dpegasusm""]i have Aragorn's Pauldrons and Vembrances which look similar to those bracers but in my opinion a whole lot cooler.
[/quote]

I know Kropserkel at one time made Aragorn's royal/kingly bracers. But they no longer make them. :(

Dpeg I seriously envy you those pauldrons and bracers. Wherever did you get them?

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

I think Windlass Steelcrafts was the maker of the kingly pauldrons and vambraces at cbswords. Museum(lass) Replicas(crafts) has a few pauldrons left, but according to reviews, they had been stored in very bad conditions and the leather on some of them has started to degrade.

Huge pity, because they look so great =[

Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith!

[quote=""Deimos""]I know Kropserkel at one time made Aragorn's royal/kingly bracers. But they no longer make them. :( [/quote]

Indeed they did, and I was going to buy them, except when I contacted Scott about them, he told me that the fluted wings on the bracers he made were not actually metal but rather leather simulating metal instead. He said that for something that he was not sure how well it would sell (unlike the Ringwraith stuff which he's sold lots of,) he wasn't willing to go through the trouble of crafting the complicated molds for them.

They looked amazing on the photos, but he lost me with the metal vs. leather issue. To this day I still wonder if I made the right decision, but whatever. :P
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Deimos""]Dpeg I seriously envy you those pauldrons and bracers. Wherever did you get them?[/quote]

museum replicas - the pauldrons were about 300 if I remember correctly and the bracers were like 150. The leather is very nice and they are real metal pieces. I can take more pictures of them if you want. I also have the tunic that is part of that battle gear but my efforts at finding the hooded cape, leather surcoat, boots and belt have been futile. Anyone have it that they are willing to sell?
Deimos wrote: If you want Isildur's Helm, I think Derek still has one for like $300-$400.
See that is the thing. He keeps putting it on and off eBay and it doesn't sell for $300-$400 I offered him $240 off eBay, but he didn't take it.
Last edited by dpegasusm on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=""dpegasusm""]I can take more pictures of them if you want. [/quote]

No need to post more pics, dpeg.

The ones you posted are good enough. Post any more and my envy is likely to get the better of me.

I would then use my formidable Sherlockian powers to find out where you live, and promptly come over, hit you on the head, and abscond with Aragorn’s Pauldrons and Vambraces. ;)

[quote=""Fingolfin""]The Sauron gear and the Rohan banner's would be gone first, then I'd come back and be off with your Crown and your Elven shield, and then I'd send in an air drop crew to pick up the rest of it. ....[/quote]

And then very soon we would hear Fin gloating "They're my oooooowwwn, my pressssciousssss!"

Return to “Other Discussions”