Cocktails...

Hi Friends,

Me and my wife love's cocktails to drink en enjoy it.
My question to all of you is:
Can you give me some names of cocktails and how to make them,you know a little bit of this and a little bit of that,the correct proportion.
I hope for many answers,thanks.

Dark Shadow. :thumbs_up

Re: Cocktails...

Bogwater mixed 50-50 with moonshine, it's wonderful =D

Nah sorry, don't know of any recipes, but I did a google search, and found this:

http://cocktail.com/
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Well, Dark, if you're serving cocktails I hope you plan to occasionally invite all your friends here at UCforums over to join you and your lovely wife (I'm sure she is lovely) in enjoying those exotic drinks you concoct.

Just let us know when! :)

(BTW, I prefer margaritas made with Milagro Reposado Tequila. :thumbs_up )

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

I'm a big Tequila fan (although I have to avoid the stuff :'( ).
It's hard to find a good mixer for tequila, but a couple summers ago I stumbled across a good one; Capri Sun brand juice bags- specifically, Tropical Morning (careful, there are several labeled "tropical this, tropical that").
Fill tall glass with ice add desired amount of tequila and top it off with this juice.
WARNING!- It goes down like lemonade on a hot day.

I was once a bartender so I can assure you that the names of certain drinks don't always follow the same recipes.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Well, on a perfect cocktail party, I'd like to be served a big keg of guinness, and a drinking horn to drink it from.
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

[quote=""Darlak""]Well, on a perfect cocktail party, I'd like to be served a big keg of guinness, and a drinking horn to drink it from.[/quote]

Darlak, my friend, we are talking cocktails here, COCKTAILS.

But, on the happy chance that Dark decides to also serve beer, I am very partial to Dos Equis [Amber]...and yes, I like pilsners, or as a friend of mine describes them: hoppy beers.....And they do indeed make me "hoppy". :cheers:

Well, the perfect cocktail party is a beer party. Guinness ftw

Given the choice I'd be sitting with Darlak.
Guiness rules over any cocktail and any beer.
Love that stuff!
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Do you call that a vegetarian delight?

Hi Guys,

This week i'm gonna to the store and buy some boose to make wonderful cocktails because it's my favorite drink.

Hammer horror. One part vodka, one part kalua (coffee liqieur) 4 tablespoons vanilla ice cream. This shake in a cocktail cup with ice cubes. Pour into a glass triangle, or another large decorative glass. Sprinkle grated chocolate to aftemaken about. That is, take it from me, success is guaranteed. Enjoy and if you try it out please let me know something.

Cheers. :thumbs_up

That does sound pretty delicious dark.

Oh and I dunno if it counts as a cocktail, but 50-50 galliano and coffe with cream and cinnamon on top is fantastic.

Shame the local barkeeper hardly ever sell it, he claims it's too much work lol...
Last edited by Darlak on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Darlak if i was the local barkeeper i make lots of impressive cocktails you know.

Here in Belgium we have 3 kinds of special coffees.

1)Irisch coffee that's coffee with wishkey and whipped cream.
2) French coffee that's coffee with cognac and whipped cream.
3) Hasseltse coffee that's coffee with jenever and whipped cream.

There all 3 delicious but i prefer the french coffee.

There's more good drinks & good food than good work you know.

Do you know what kind of work is most beautiful ?
Firework,I can watch it for hours you know lol. ;) :crazy: :thumbs_up

Dark, here is a good one. It’s called a hurricane because it will flatten you if you’re not careful. It goes down really easy. :)

Hurricane

1 oz white Rum
1 oz Jamaican Dark Rum
1 oz Bacardi 151 rum (Good stuff!)
3 oz Orange Juice
3 oz Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz Grenadine syrup
Crushed Ice

Combine all ingredients, mix well (shake or stir).
Pour over crushed ice in a hurricane glass (I have no idea what a "hurricane glass" is.)
Garnish with fruit wedge if desired

I can see where this thread will go,
E
x per
im
enti
ng

Return to “Other Discussions”