Ferrari
Total votes: 2 (25%)
Porche
Total votes: 1 (13%)
Dodge viper
Total votes: 1 (13%)
Total votes: 8

Re: Your favourite sports car.

Well, knowing that the Lamborghini doors are a head bumping hazard when getting in and out, it's out. Might be cool looking but function has a lot to do with over-all opinion.

Viper is OK, like Ferrari, but laying down in seats of all three mentioned so far for extended road trips will tell you why they all suck.

Porche 911 is hands down the best over all, function, comfort in long road trips, and performs equally well as the others.

So while statistically there may be better performance in certain models, when it comes to reality, driving it on the street (not the track) is what truly counts.

Consequently, having had the opportunity to have driven all but the Lamborghini, my choice is obviously NOT on the list.

Bentley Continental T Worlds most awesome sports car. If I had the money that's were it would go when it comes to cars.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""Thranduil""]Bentley Continental T Worlds most awesome sports car. If I had the money that's were it would go when it comes to cars.[/quote]

Thrandy, you took the words right out of my mouth (or right off my screen).

I was just about to ask Dark why he left Bentley off the list.

So two votes (at least) for the Bentley [Continental GTC for me] when Dark gets around to modifying the list.....which I'm sure he will do SOON :club:

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

[quote=""Deimos""]Thrandy, you took the words right out of my mouth (or right off my screen).

I was just about to ask Dark why he left Bentley off the list.

So two votes (at least) for the Bentley [Continental GTC for me] when Dark gets around to modifying the list.....which I'm sure he will do SOON :club: [/quote]
Yeah well the GTC is a bit more on the sporty side in design style, but I still dig the original 5000 pound rocket that allows me to be as old as I am and older! lol! :thumbs_up
If I truly owned it I'd have it written in my will; Just seat me in it, put on the seat belt and bury it! What a way to go! :coolsmile
Oh! Oh! and put all the swords in the trunk please, thanks!
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""Dark Shadow""]Option B you can give the swords to me Thranduil i will take good care of it like they where my own children ;)

If i can chance the poll i wood because there are a few other fast sports cars that i forgot to mention. :) [/quote]
Well Dark you can ask Valkrist about changing the poll, just send him a PM with the other cars you want to add and see what he says.
Personally I don't have a clue how to direct you in that area.

[quote=""Dark Shadow""]Let me started,i say Lamborghini because it's a monster car and so freakin with the doors.my color would be black or white. :thumbs_up [/quote]

The lamborghini doors are only found on the V12 models (Murciélago, Diablo, etc.) the Gallardo does not have the fancy doors. if i could have any car it would be the Lamborghini Reventón (limited edition of 20 produced. and it just looks badass) its only comes in one color so no choce necessary there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Revent%C3%B3n
http://www.pegasuswd.com/

[quote=""dpegasusm""] if i could have any car it would be the Lamborghini Reventón (limited edition of 20 produced. and it just looks badass) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Revent%C3%B3n[/quote]

ooooooo....it does look badass....extremely so...
And it also looks like it is frozen in motion... :coolsmile
But I'd still get my Bentley :)

[quote=""dpegasusm""]i was thinking of getting a porsche boxster, cutting it apart and making a replica of that car..... i just need to get the tooling to make the molds for the body panels.[/quote]

HAHA....no offense dpeg, but that kind of reminds of the "cosmetically engineered" VWs that sported the Bradley GT body. Top speed 50mph.....over a cliff.

At least yours will have a decent engine.

[quote=""Dark Shadow""]Please give me your vote guy's.
Looks like Lamborghini is the most wanted of the four cars at the moment. :thumbs_up [/quote]

Dark, I can't vote unless you put Bentley as one of the choices.

Those other picks are merely glorified go-karts. :D
Last edited by Deimos on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=""Deimos""]HAHA....no offense dpeg, but that kind of reminds of the "cosmetically engineered" VWs that sported the Bradley GT body. Top speed 50mph.....over a cliff.

At least yours will have a decent engine.[/quote]

i would actually use a corvette LS7 crate engine as the powerhouse. should provide enough power :thumbs_up

i did all the 3D modeling on the car so i have the 3d diagrams and cross sections. The next step is to get the fiberglass and carbon fiber and build the molds then the body panels. the frame for the car would be a steel/aluminum tubular frame built ontop of the porsche chassis. i would probably end up using a lot of OEM parts for the details in the interior but most of the under the hood stuff can be borrowed from other cars for a fraction of the price. the one part i havn't figured out where to get yet is the windshield...
http://www.pegasuswd.com/

Damnit Dark, there's no camaro XD

I'd definately go for a camaro.

If I'd have to choose from the list though, I'd go for a ferrari
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

[quote=""Darlak""]Damnit Dark, there's no camaro XD

I'd definately go for a camaro.

If I'd have to choose from the list though, I'd go for a ferrari[/quote]

Bust his chops, Darlak, hammer him :D ....no Bentley, no Camaro, no Corvette (not personally a Corvette fan but I do know a lot of die-hard ones...)

And what about the vintage cars? Just 'cause they're old doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the running too. ;)
Alfa Romeo, Austin Healy, MG, Triumph...

That's a lot of money to spend on one car and as much as I love cars, I don't think I could ever spend that much on one. But, if I did have money to suddenly start blowing on cars, I would probably pickup something like a Nissan GT-R or a Maserati GranTurismo. Of which, neither are on the list. =)
Valar morghulis

[quote=""Thorin""]That's a lot of money to spend on one car and as much as I love cars, I don't think I could ever spend that much on one. But, if I did have money to suddenly start blowing on cars, I would probably pickup something like a Nissan GT-R or a Maserati GranTurismo. Of which, neither are on the list. =)[/quote]

oooooo yeah....forgot about Maserati.

And what about Audi? Specifically the Audi R8 Spyder.

Ah, I'm a huge fan of corvettes too. I'm actually thinking of buying one, they're not THAT e xp ensive. Though if I bought one of the cheap ones, it would require alot of work, wich would be a bonus of sorts anyway. I'd want a camaro more though, only problem is, the only camarows being sold in norway either have hemis and stuff, and go for 100k bucks, or they're run down cars sold as parts...

I'd choose a vette over a ferrari any day. Assuming of course that both were unsellable or something.
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Oh, and one more thing, if I had to choose a plastic car, I'd go for a zonda. They're hot as hell, and 5th gear rated it one of the best ever supercars. If I had a choice though, I'd still go for the camaro. A black camaro, with silver-ish chrome trim, and giant baloon tires.... Caaaamaaaaaarooooooo..... It really doesn't get better.

[quote=""dpegasusm""]nice choice what about the Lexus LFA... that thing is just sick.[/quote]

Oh...my....gosh.....That is one wicked supercar.

http://lambsandgoats.files.wordpress.co ... us_lfa.jpg

http://www.rsportscars.com/lexus/2011-lexus-lfa/

[quote=""Dark Shadow""]Off topic: what about Dodge Ram that's a monster car.
Back on topic: If and i say it again,if i win the lotery i sure as hell buy meself a black or white Corvette. :thumbs_up
Lotery is still keeps in my dreams. :'( [/quote]

My word of advice is to stay as far away from Dodge/Chrysler as you possibly can. First off, their quality dropped big time a long time ago and it is only a matter of time before they sink. Out of the Big Three, Ford and GM have set themselves up to survive... Dodge/Chrysler has not.

There is certainly something nice about a Corvette. I remember several years ago while on vacation, we stopped at the Corvette museum and it was lots of fun, not to mention that we got to sit in a bunch of them! Definitely reasonably priced! I was tailing one today on my way home from camping... Can't pull away from me in wall to wall traffic! :coolsmile
Valar morghulis

[quote=""Dark Shadow""]I'm gonna buy one of those.[/quote]

:D HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....you is a funny guy, Dark. :D

You're going to buy it in the same dream where you win the lottery, right?
And is it going to be before or after you buy your Lamborghini?
Oh, wait, you want a Corvette, right ? Or both?

Dream on my friend......but they are good dreams. :thumbs_up

In abouy 10 years, when I'm a world renowned rock star, I'm gonna live in a giant castle, with like a skyscraper for a garage, with like 30 supercars on each level. No ****.

[quote=""Deimos""]But I'd still get my Bentley :) [/quote]
So my brother-in-law just got back from vacationing out west for six weeks (he recently retired) and he tells me of a visit to this really rich guys house and how he needed to run into town to get a few things.
The guy tosses him a set of car keys and says, "Here take the Bentley".
So my Broinlaw got to tool around in a Continental T :P droool!
Wished I'd been there; I'd be happy riding shotgun in that baby! :crazy:

[quote=""Thranduil""] "Here take the Bentley".
[/quote]

Classic line.

(Wish someone would say it to me. :) )

[quote=""Deimos""]Classic line.

(Wish someone would say it to me. :) )[/quote]
Yeah, me too :thumbs_up

Return to “Other Discussions”