World Cup 2010!

I couldn't find any thread on World Cup 2010 - so, even though a bit late, i decided to start one....sorry if i was just too blind to see it somewhere else! lol

Well, it's been one interesting summer. A quick history of Jash's Summer... I withdrew from medical school a few years ago due to family issues. Now, after said issues were all taken care of - i was finally ready to continue my medical studies overseas, ready to leave April 2010. But, guess what? 2 days prior to my flight back to school...i busted my knee in karate class (first major injury in 17yrs of training). I had damaged my lateral meniscus, avulsion fracture, and torn ACL. The ironic part? I was planning on going into Orthopedic Surgery...lol Long story short, my surgery date was July 22nd - leaving me with 1 month for rehab (it takes 6) before my postponed school start date in Sept...

What did this result it? Well...as per the title of this thread...i could either sit at home - or go to South Africa for World Cup Soccer! I opted for the latter... All my family is still in South Africa, so it wasn't too bad at all - didn't have to worry about places to stay or where to eat. I also got to see my family - which i plan on every 3years anyways - so, besides the knee pain, some good came out of the injury!

So...World Cup Soccer - did anyone follow it?
I managed to get last minute tickets to 3 games:
1) Round 16 - Netherlands vs. Slovakia
2) Semi Final - Germany vs. Spain
3) 3rd Place - Germany vs. Uruguay

Man oh man..what a good time. I have never been to anything like it before! World Cup Soccer in my home country, definitely a 'once in a lifetime' e xp erience. Had such a good time - already saving up for Brazil 2014! :)
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Return to “Other Discussions”