The Russian Empire in Color

Hey guys, came across this link somewhere, thought some of you might find it interesting. Any of my fellow history nuts I'm sure will appreciate it. :D

The photos were taken 100 years or so ago, using some special method that allowed the photographer to develop them in color. The method is e xp lained in the text at top. There are tons of photos of the pre-Soviet Russian Empire in color. Take a look!

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/0 ... mailed1_HP
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Re: The Russian Empire in Color

Wow....that is so amazing. I taught World History for a few years, and I wish I had these photos. It seems such a simple thought, it makes me wonder why no one else thought of this back then as a means of producing a color image?
omnia quae antehoc facta sunt atque iterum factura

'All this has happened before and will happen again'[/font]

Re: The Russian Empire in Color

Very cool Fin, thanks for this post.
I like a lot of those shots, that town Tblisi ?? the one on the river shot from some church above, looks like a place you might come across strolling through Middle Earth.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Return to “Other Discussions”