Graphic novels?

Do any of you guys read comics or graphic novels? Curious to know what you are fans of.

I'm a big goober for just about anything by Frank Miller (Sin City, Dark Knight Returns, etc)... Kingdom Come by Alex Ross, Bone by jeff smith... Usagi Yojimbo...

Re: Graphic novels?

No, but I'm writing one because that's how I roll.

Well, it was a graphic novel...

then it was a screenplay...

....now I'm adapting that back into a novel...

...which will serve as a 2nd draft to my screenplay...

...which is intended for a movie...

...there are pictures too...
-_-

[quote=""Curunir""]That's great! That's some crazy metamorphosis your story went through. I hope it hasn't mutated yet. ;) [/quote]
Mutated NO, morphing yes (in all good ways).
I've had the opportunity to read it, and it's pretty good and getting better.

At this point I think it's time Sed makes a thread for all of these wonderful artworks that depict the story. So far we have had just glimpses in the chat box, but there has to be at least 30 illustrations so far (probably more) and because I know the story half way decent, I'd say posting these artworks in their order to the chronology of the story would tell the tale quite well without any need for words.

Not to mention create some anticipation in advance of it's completion; HINT HINT :thumbs_up
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Too kind, Thrandrew!

I would love to do that sometime to get some of the guys in on discussing it, but I'm not sure where to start to be honest. It's tough to really e xp ose it to new people without writing an essay and overloading them (as you're aware :evil: ).

Also, it's all very tricky at this point keeping certain details close to my chest. Not that I don't trust anyone here, but it's the internet and it's not exclusive. I'd say when I'm getting closer to publishing it in some form, I'll be more open about it. Also, I think the most deliverable format would be the story itself. I certainly have a tough time paraphrasing and summarizing it xP

And that number of artworks would be more like hundreds :)

http://www.vinovas.com/en/portfolio/Keith
-_-

I think that link is all you needed to do.
It's pretty obvious what pieces pertain to the novel. ;)
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Oh, also, I have sets too. So on the right side of each picture you'll see it generally belongs to a set (not all, but the story-related ones do) and you can click that to see filtered art from that set only.

Curunir, you're a daisy if you do ;) Thanks for the compliment.
-_-

[quote=""am.dk""]i looked around youer work here sed, and i most say im empresed .there is .some why ?that only are able to answer,why is the guy whit long blond haer and beard shows up ,over and over agein,and the masked.man.??[/quote]

Thank you, am!

The first person in question is, in fact, Sedhal, the main protagonist (or antagonist, it's kind of complicated) in the story I'm currently writing, TreeKiller. The man with the skull mask (in my avatar) is Animus, protagonist of the sequel, GateKeeper, which was actually the first-conceived installment about six years ago.

What pic are you referring to? 107? I haven't kept track of numbers in years. :huh:

And Curunir, sorry for derailing your thread. I can make a separate thread and ask the mods to move all this if you want.
-_-

Great artwork Sed, I wish I could draw .1% that good. My brother got all of the artistic talents in my family (he can draw, paint, build stuff, etc).

When did you realize that you had a real talent for art? Growing up, did your artwork look 1000X better than the other kids in class?

Thanks BC.

[quote=""BladeCollector""]
When did you realize that you had a real talent for art? Growing up, did your artwork look 1000X better than the other kids in class?[/quote]

Well, yeah, but it was never extreme or anything. In elementary school I'd have friends asking me to draw things for projects and stuff, but I always saw it as something I liked to do more and that's why I was better. Like anything, really. Further testament to that is how my growth has kind of slowed down recently since I've picked up writing. Now it's not really the art I'm focused on so much as the concept behind it. I've always felt like I was ahead until recently, I think given my age I'm actually behind, as far as professional artists go. I just still haven't found my comfort zone in digital media, despite how much I've practiced. Gimme a pencil or some oils and I'll take a shot at anything, though.

Am, thanks for clarifying. The snowy picture, right? That's a sketch of Sedhal, as depicted in GateKeeper (yes, he looks quite different there!) holding Ghera, the love of his life (or should I say lives?) as she... well if I say anymore, it'd be a spoiler. :)
-_-

Return to “Other Discussions”