Re: A Jazzy Weekend

Just came home from my school's annual Marching Band Festival. We did great this year, which was une xp ected. Our band this year is lacking the talent and focus of last year's band, but we really pulled our show together tonight. I might be able to find a way to upload the video...
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Good lord, 300 people! My band has 89 members, and we're one of the biggest in the county. While I do love being part of a small(er) school, I'd love to have a big band like that.

Actually, our drumline is about the size of what yours was in that video, except we only have two cymbal players. We've had bigger bands in the past but we always keep at least a 15 member drumline. This year I think we have 16 drummers drumming.

After watching the whole video, I'm slightly wowed by what you guys accomplished at high school level. That's what the major University bands around here do.
Last edited by Fingolfin on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lol, student body really isn't what you may think. UCF is now the second largest school in the nation with over 56k students, but surprsingly the band is super small. Although there are so many students, there is NO community. If you go to FSU or UF they are real communities, UCF is definitely a commuter school. Fine with me, I worm 45-55 hours a week anyways

The tricorns are awesome, I'm pretty jealous. Our plumes actually aren't that bad; they're not feather, its more like the stringy plastic stuff that pom-poms are made out of. I think its better than feather, anyhow. The mascot is the Bluestreaks. No one's really sure what it is. I think the legend is that like back in the 30's one of our basketball teams had a long winning streak and they wore blue so someone dubbed them Bluestreaks.

Return to “Other Discussions”