Moneybookers./ Skrill.

Does anyone ever heard of this payment methode Moneybookers.
If so can you trust this or not.
Thanks for your answer.

They have changed the name to Skrill.
But from what i see you can only take a loan but i don't want that.

I just want to make a payment to buy something.

It doesn't make sence to me and i think it's very weird.

So all the help is more than welcome. :thumbs_up

Re: Moneybookers./ Skrill.

If i read it then i see that they want to give you a loan and that's not what i want,I just want to buy that statue but i have strongly doubts about this.
Look what they mention on the page,looks very weird and strange to me.
It doesn't make sence anymore to me.

Credit/debit card verification:

We will charge your card for a random verification fee between EUR 1.01 - 2.99.
You must then check your card statement for the exact transaction amount and enter it into the 'verify credit/debit card' section of your Skrill (Moneybookers) profile.
Upon completion, the verification fee will be refunded to your Skrill (Moneybookers) account and your card will be verified with an upload limit of 1000.00 EUR in any 60 day period.
Due to processing restrictions we cannot refund this transaction back to your card.

I herewith declare that I am the owner of the above entered credit/debit card and authorise Moneybookers Ltd. to debit a random verification fee between EUR 1.01 - 2.99 from this card. __________________

That's the same procedure as Paypal: they make a withdrawal of a small amount from your bank account or credit card just to verify that the information you entered is correct and that the account is active. The money withdrawn is then placed as a credit in your emoney account.

Still, I've never heard of these guys, so I don't know if it's worth the risk.
This Space for Rent

Just completed a little research on them....

It's a legitimate company and very big, but apparently a lot of users, of late, have have been running into problems with them.

The users are typically small outfits running their own businesses, using Skrill for monetary transactions the way many small outfits use PayPal for the same thing.

The problems look like Skrill wanting a lot of verification from the small players, and freezing accounts until they get it (notarized documents via snail mail!)

I didn't see anything about individual accounts, but then I didn't read everything I googled.

Dark, it's like anything where money is involved...caveat emptor.... "let the buyer beware".
Last edited by Deimos on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Return to “Other Discussions”