Re: Seeking Screen Caps of Oin's Hearing Trumpet

So, is anyone out there good at determining the size/proportions of an object in a photograph?

I'm interested in the key measurements of Oin's ear trumpet... specifically 1) the width of its square open end, and 2) the overall width and height of the complete trumpet. Any help would be much appreciated.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

I think this is the scene you are referring to... hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"So many vows...they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws.
It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.”

Rather than start a new thread, I'll just tack onto this one. I'm seeking another screen cap, this time from TDOS. Specifically, I'd like an image that show the TOP of the jewel chest that is shown to Thranduil in the Great Hall of Erebor.

The top of the lid appears VERY briefly when the Dwarf holding the chest closes it to prevent Thranduil from touching the jewels. Is there any chance that quick glimpse can be screen capped?

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

[quote=""Valkrist""]One has to ask: who is crafting these replicas for you, and have you received the trumpet yet?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;) [/quote]

Well... I had myself convinced that *I* could make the Oin hearing trumpet. I got all of the materials together and then got stuck process-wise. Maybe I'll figure it out one of these days, but until/if that day arrives I'll just write it off as a failed project. <resigned shrug>

The Erebor jewel chest is another project I hope to be able to do myself. We'll see how it goes. I have no real skill (like Thranduil, N2, and so many other talented UCF members), but I have plenty of ambition. :rolleye:

The chest is one of two things (one LOTR and one Hobbit) I want to work on when my busy summer comes to a close. If either of them is successful I'll share some pictures.

Wish me luck!

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Buckeye, you have my best wishes.

Like yourself, I too feel that I lack the skill, but unlike you, I also lack the courage and ambition to even try. Just for that alone, you are worthy of praise. :)

N2, isn't that the scene when Thranduil is reminiscing about those "white jewels" that we feared might be the Nauglamir? I thought that was in the part when he's talking to Thorin.
Last edited by Valkrist on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Lindir""]The screencap Buckeye is after is in the AUJ extended edition. I'm pretty sure the chest isn't seen in DOS.[/quote]

Darn, I think you're both right about it being in the extended edition of AUJ. My most sincere apologies, N2, for the unintentional goose chase. :(

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Return to “Other Discussions”