Farewell my friends

So, as we all know everything has its time, but I think my time here has come to an end. This decision wasn't an easy one to make. But instead of just vanishing into the blue, I thought I should e xp lain why I'm leaving and say goodbye properly.

I have a few very busy years ahead of me and I need to focus 100% on my studies at college and university if I want to achieve anything in my life. I'm still clinging to my dream of becoming a professional photographer one day :)

So I'm now leaving places such as Facebook and here in order to help myself focus properly. Like I said, this decision wasn't an easy one to make. I have made a lot of friends here and I'll miss you all terribly. But I have to stick to it... Farewell my friends.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Re: Farewell my friends

As some old guy once said, "Here at last, comes the end of our Fellowship. I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil."

Best of luck in your studies! We'll still be here if you change your mind.
"So many vows...they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws.
It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.”

The farewells are making me regret it already.

[quote=""N2darkness""]Wish you all the best, but to me it doesn't make a lot of sense. If you goal is to be a photographer, online forums and communities are some of the best places to post photos and get feedback almost instantly. Just my opinion and as I said wish you all the best.[/quote]

Whilst this is true N2, I also spend a lot of the time here getting involved in the discussions about the movie and replicas so a few minutes of just looking could well turn into a good few hours.

The main reason for me making the decision was to knuckle down on my studies and avoid distractions such as the forum, which I love, and facebook, twitter, etc.

But I have noticed that I'm spending more and more time on the internet when I should be dealing with my college work and I'm really looking forward to university, I'm hoping to do photography there, so I need to focus on that and get the best grades that I can. Like I said, it was a hard decision to make :|

I don't think I'll be gone forever though. But I want to say goodbye just incase something changes or some of you are no longer here on the forum when I return.

[quote=""RosereIII""]As some old guy once said, "Here at last, comes the end of our Fellowship. I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil."

Best of luck in your studies! We'll still be here if you change your mind.[/quote]

Thank you! and I love that quote :)

Thank you everyone else for the well wishes as well :)

I wish you all the best as well :)
Last edited by Lindir on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lindir, aka Elvenguard13. :)

I completely understand what you are doing because I had to do it myself once upon a time. Having said that, I'm going to miss you a lot. Your unbridled enthusiasm, unflagging optimism, and obvious passion for the Jackson movies provided the perfect counterbalance to my cynicism and negativity. It's important to have someone to help you keep things in perspective and remember what it was like to have faith and hopeful e xp ectation.

I also regret that we never got a chance to discuss your thoughts on the reading of the novels as I always felt it would have helped you understand my position a little better. I hope you will stop by one day and we can have that fascinating discussion yet. :)

Take care, my friend and pop in for a quick hello once in a while. Something tells me you won't be able to resist making a comment or two once the second movie is out. ;)
This Space for Rent

"...and he rode away over the Thames, and he was not seen again on the Forums..." :'(
Good fortune and success in your studies, Lindir.

I'm trying to see if there's an upside to this .... not your going to university...that is a good thing. :thumbs_up
I mean about your leaving the forums....

OK, got it! ...At least you didn't have to sell off your collection to pay your tuition! That is a very good thing. :)
When you return (notice I said when and not if) you will not have to start collecting all over again.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Your decision is a wise one.
There are many distractions in life, many can take us down the wrong roads.I hope the best for you in your pursuits in life.
Discipline can work in both directions, so I hope you'll still pop in from time to time to say hello.
God Bless you Andrew
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

worth jurk of seens ,ever.stop fulling around.lind. :huh:

:thumbs_up dont tell me you dont want to ,go by forum.when got 4 comes around.

see you then .my frend .into then i which you good luck.

oh a fotocraber .i life my my life on that.
Last edited by Valkrist on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[quote=""Valkrist""]Lindir, aka Elvenguard13.

I completely understand what you are doing because I had to do it myself once upon a time. Having said that, I'm going to miss you a lot. Your unbridled enthusiasm, unflagging optimism, and obvious passion for the Jackson movies provided the perfect counterbalance to my cynicism and negativity. It's important to have someone to help you keep things in perspective and remember what it was like to have faith and hopeful e xp ectation. [/quote]

I'm glad that you appreciated it, even though I thought it annoyed you most of the time :P

[quote=""Valkrist""]I also regret that we never got a chance to discuss your thoughts on the reading of the novels as I always felt it would have helped you understand my position a little better. I hope you will stop by one day and we can have that fascinating discussion yet.[/quote]

Yes I shall return one day when I have finished reading the LOTR novels :) we could discuss the Hobbit novel, but the LOTR is more interesting to discuss.

[quote=""Valkrist""]Take care, my friend and pop in for a quick hello once in a while. Something tells me you won't be able to resist making a comment or two once the second movie is out.[/quote]

You're right. I can't wait for the next movie and will probably be able to return for a while during the Christmas break to discuss the movie with you all... along with all the nice and sharp Hobbit goodies/ Farewell Val, until we meet again.

[quote=""Deimos""]
OK, got it! ...At least you didn't have to sell off your collection to pay your tuition! That is a very good thing. :)
When you return (notice I said when and not if) you will not have to start collecting all over again.[/quote]

Hell no! I would never part with my collection. Each replica means a lot to me, there are personal memories attached. Some are gifts from family member and with some they remind me of discussions with you lot here on the forum.

We have a pretty good system in place here in the UK that allows us to apply for a student loan to help pay for university fees as well as equipment so I will be applying for that after christmas.

I have my final year at college to get through and then I'm off to university so in the coming year I have to apply to Universities, go to interviews and fill out endless forms for financial help as well as dealing with my work :P I hope I don't mess anything up. I hate applying for financial help, but its there to be used and I might as well. I'll pay it back when I get a stable job though.

Thank you for the kind words as well Deimos

[quote=""Olorin""]Well Lindir, I wish you all the best in school and in life. Take care, good luck, and some day when you feel you have time on your hands again, we will still be here, beyond the western sea. Namárië![/quote]

Thank you for the well wishes :) I wish you all the best as well. I shall return one day, you can't keep me away. Namárië, Mithrandir! :)

[quote=""Thranduil""]Your decision is a wise one.
There are many distractions in life, many can take us down the wrong roads.I hope the best for you in your pursuits in life.
Discipline can work in both directions, so I hope you'll still pop in from time to time to say hello.
God Bless you Andrew[/quote]

Thank you my friend. God bless you as well :)

Thank you everyone for the well wishes, and I wish you all the best as well. I will return one day, so I shall say farewell for now :)

I think I'm gonna have to re-address this. After more careful consideration I have decided to not leave the forum all together. My visits will be less frequent but after 3 weeks of hell at college I realised that coming here to visit helps keep all the negatives from overwhelming me in my normal life.

So I apologise for creating the thread in the first place, I guess I was trying to do what I thought was best but I was wrong.

In my opinion, the most important things I learned during college weren't in a classroom. I often joke that the only things I learned during college were what NOT to do for the rest of my life.

This is a great time to learn about yourself and others, the things in life that matter little and those that matter a lot, and most importantly, how to make mistakes. We all make mistakes, the important thing is to learn from them.

All that stuff aside, welcome back.
"So many vows...they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws.
It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.”

Return to “Other Discussions”