Your favourite named Middle Earth weapons from the movies

Orcrist - sword of Ecthelion/Thorin
Total votes: 1 (7%)
Sting - sword/dagger of Bilbo (No votes)
Glamdring - sword of Turgon/Gandalf
Total votes: 7 (47%)
Hadhafang - sword of Elrond/Arwen (No votes)
The White Knives of Legolas
Total votes: 2 (13%)
Gud Daedheloth - hunting knife of Aragorn (No votes)
Anduril - Sword of Aragorn
Total votes: 4 (27%)
Narsil - Sword of Elendil
Total votes: 1 (7%)
Deathless - Sword of Thorin (No votes)
Herugrim - Sword of Theoden (No votes)
Guthwine - Sword of Eomer (No votes)
Total votes: 15

POLL: Your favourite NAMED middle earth SWORD/KNIFE

So guys, just curious as to what people will vote for. Basically I want you to think about the designs that Weta and the team behind the movies came up with for each of these weapons and vote for your favourite. I think I have them all :P

Aigelos won't be in this, because it's not a sword. I'll do another poll for other middle earth artefacts in future, but I'm just curious as to which sword/knife will get the most votes.

This is only the named swords, so none of the unnamed weapons like Fili or Kili's swords or generic ones like the Rohan sword will be included. So I have kicked off the poll by voting for Orcrist. I didn't click the option for multiple choices because you have to vote for the one sword/knife that you love the most. You can state in the comments which would be your second and third choices though :)
Last edited by Lindir on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Re: POLL: Your favourite NAMED middle earth SWORD/KNIFE

Anduril, though Orcrist would have been a clear winner had the handle been... well, handled differently.
"So many vows...they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws.
It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.”

Glamdring was right up there because I love the blade shape, but I voted for Legolas' Fighting Knives because of there shape and overall elegance.

Orcrist would be a close third for the same reasons.

Btw, my Legolas knives are approaching completion and will soon be up for grabs. I got side tracked by some guy who wanted a Mithril shirt :rolleye:
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

I voted for Legolas Knives , I have to say they were the first UC item I purchased because of the beautiful design . I had originally purchased most of the weapons as knockoffs and saw the UC Legolas Knives in person and that as they say was that . I sold all of the knock offs to friends and in a matter of months replaced everything with official UC items . So I agree with Thrand , Yes second would be Glamdring or Orcrist ! ! ! The elven weapons designs are just incredible .

Return to “Other Discussions”