I love this place!

I know currently it's a small group of people, but that is one of my favorite things about this place. It really feels like a close knit group and everyone is so respectful. I've noticed if ever any hairs get raised, it gets resolved quickly and above all RESPECTFULLY. I'm so impressed with this community and that I get to visit and be a part of it too. Please pardon my female gushing if it makes you uncomfortable, lol.

:D *hugs all around!* :D

Re: I love this place!

It too is one of my favorite places... good thing since I am part owner!

I can't believe on January 1, 2014 I will have been a member here for 9 years?!

I typically stop by multiple times a day when I am at work, just to pop in and see whats going on.

I am glad people think its a respectful and fun community, I think that is what myself and the other mod/admins strive to achieve!.

Thanks, Arwyniel. :)

Like BC, I have been here for nearly 10 years myself, so let me say it means a lot to hear that from a long time member such as yourself, whose opinion and respect I highly value.

It's been a long and bumpy road from time to time, ever since my partners and I bought this site from Justin, but the rewards of coming here every day far outweigh the rare headache that crops up once in a rare while, which we strive to deal with as quickly as possible. It's my favourite corner of the internet, and our small but tightly knit community of great people is what makes it all that much more special for me.

Many thanks to all of you for your presence here; to Olorin, BC, and Guardianwolf, my partners in crime; and a special thank you to Kit Rae, who donates from his valuable personal time to answer our questions and pass on his wisdom, insight, and knowledge of this great business that we all love: collecting! :thumbs_up
This Space for Rent

Thank you, indeed. As Val pointed out, running this site is sometimes very vexing, and to have such positive votes of affirmation is very rewarding.

It's been one of the site's guiding principles since day one that all discussions and disagreements were to be conducted with respect. There are SO many places on-line where people get very nasty and vile to each other, and that is just no fun to read. (Forums on IMDB come to mind....) Similarly, we try to keep threads on-topic, as threads that get derailed by OT banter are very tiresome for someone who wants to read what the thread is actually supposed to be about.

Again, thank you and we hope everyone continues to enjoy the site. I'm sure we're going to be having lots to talk about in just a month now, when the next Hobbit movie comes out!
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

This place is one of my favorite daily stops as well. A small tight nit group of collectors and some Tolkien enthusiasts with a wealth of knowledge and input. We also have quite a few artistic members here as well which is also great to see.

I've been a quiet member here pushing almost 10 years myself and has been great to get fellow members reactions to the movies and collectibles that follow. I've come to respect and value all of your views (and translate others) as well as feel free to post my own.

Thanks everyone for making this a great place to spend an hour or two a day and discuss the things that interest me as a fellow collector.

I can't forget to thank Kit as well as he has turned this into one of if not the most valuable places to find the best and accurate information. Its a pleasure and honor to have him here and heck, I think he may be into this more than the rest of us.

Wow, ten years! And I thought that four was pretty good! :P I can't believe I've been around here that long. It's been one of my favorite places on the internet for a long time now, I must agree with all the aforementioned reasons. Some faces have come and gone but the heart of the place remains the same: civil discussion and good humor and interesting reads. Cheers to the UCF. :coolsmile
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

It's only been just over 2 years for me. Wish I had found this site sooner, but that was around the time when I had gotten back into collecting actively. Really appreciative for all the photos, comments, feedback and information that gets shared on this site. Thanks for letting me be a part of this!
"So many vows...they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws.
It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.”

Others have already said it so well, so I can only heartily second their thoughts. This forum is a truly special little corner of the Internet. Even as a newbie, I was welcomed. And I appreciate the opportunity to read, share, and vicariously enjoy some phenomenal collections (many of which have items that I could only dream of owning).

As they say in Maine, folks here are the "finest kind" -- friendly, helpful, and generous. Thank you for welcoming me into the fold.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

It's been just over 4 years for myself and I love coming back. Even though I planned to stop so I could focus on my studies I just couldn't stay away :P it's like walking away from really close friends who you're gonna miss terribly which is why I went back on my decision.

It feels like a family which is why I like it, even though we may bicker :P or argue over sometimes silly things the issues are quickly resolved like you lot have mentioned. Here's hoping the forum will be around forever! :D
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

[quote=""Lindir""]even though we may bicker :P or argue over sometimes silly things[/quote]

I've been visiting since about 2007 when I first tried to register and was never sent an email to validate my first attempt. I think a spambot was in play at the time. Either way, I kept referring to the forum for information on the items available as I had just begun collecting at that point. My official join date with this username was in 2011. Since that time, I have thoroughly enjoyed my interactions with this community! We all have a rather unique obsession and it is nice to be able to share it with others of like mind. :thumbs_up

Now, I can't help it, but whenever I hear the terms "bicker" and "argue" used in a sentence I am immediately reminded of the Swamp Castle wedding scene in Holy Grail:

"This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."

I'm curious if that thought also crossed Lindir's mind as he typed that phrase?!?

I'm coming up on 5 years at this point.
To say this place has had a major impact on me would be an understatement; It's actually changed my life.

The education I've received here on Tolkien alone has been pure joy. My many thanks to all the e xp erts in this forum.

The most obvious impact has been the inspiration that has caused me to create replicas. And then to find my work in Google images!
:jaw:
It's just way too cool :thumbs_up
I'm honored to be a member here :bowing:
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

I joined this forum back in feb 2010 so that's allmost 4 years and i am thankfull to be a member of this very nice and friendly community.

It's the smallest forum i know so far but it's the only forum with such a wise wisdom and a special thank to the crew who runs this place like a second home.

Also a very special thanks to Kit Rae what would we do without him.
I'm also honored to be part of this wonderful forum.

I truly hope this place stays for a lifetime and never shut down. :thumbs_up

I was so shocked to notice that I've been here almost 10 years too! I guess it shouldn't surprise me since FOTR came out over 10 years ago itself, but it still is crazy to think about.
But just another plug for this place: Val helped me out with some technical headaches I was e xp eriencing here today so kudos to him for being so terrific! :D

[quote=""Arwyniel""]But just another plug for this place: Val helped me out with some technical headaches I was e xp eriencing here today so kudos to him for being so terrific! :D [/quote]

Thank you, just doing my job. :)

P.S. - Still looking into the last issue you mentioned.
This Space for Rent

[quote=""N2darkness""]
I can't forget to thank Kit as well as he has turned this into one of if not the most valuable places to find the best and accurate information. Its a pleasure and honor to have him here and heck, I think he may be into this more than the rest of us.[/quote]

I don't know if 'more' is correct, but I'm sure I am on equal ground and just as nutty as a few others here on how passionate I am about my collection :) One of the things I like about this forum is that it is a small group and I can converse without people getting all weird on me because I work in the business.
KRDS

I'm not an old member here but I'm tracking this forum since I found it 8 years ago...reading articles, discussions and learning so much from you all :)
I don't know whether I like or curse this place because you are the reason why I'm trapped in this collecting mania :P :D You keep the fire burning! May this place endure for many years to come! :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present."

[quote=""Valkrist""]Yes, welcome back.

Price of readmission: one Guthwine prop.

Please send to ucforums.com, c/o Valkrist. :crazy: [/quote]

HA! Valkrist. And again I say, HA!
You are too late...hear me? TOO. LATE.

I just sent a PM to Jash, and offered him $32.58 for his Guthwine.
I do not think, if he is n his right mind, he will refuse my offer.
It is a princely sum considering that, after all, his Guthwine is not an official, licensed replica.
So there, slow moving friend. No Guthwine for you!

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

[quote=""Dark Shadow""]Is it look like this Deimos ?

[/quote]

I think Jash's is better looking ;)

[quote=""Dark Shadow""]I agree cause it's made of Aluminium but i thought you were looking for one.[/quote]

Dark, I was joshing (jashing?) Val about getting Jash's Guthwine.

That aside, I'm looking for one the same way almost everyone on this forum is looking for one. We would all prefer a good quality Guthwine.
Not really interested in the paki version.

Jash's is a Weta prop (?), which would be good enough I guess (ya think? :D ).

I would even be willing to shell out for a carbon steel one if Windlass made one.

[quote=""Valkrist""]Yes, welcome back.

Price of readmission: one Guthwine prop.

Please send to ucforums.com, c/o Valkrist. :crazy: [/quote]

Thank you Val! But...um...how about something that i'm less attached to? ...like my left kidney?

[quote=""Deimos""]I just sent a PM to Jash, and offered him $32.58 for his Guthwine. I do not think, if he is n his right mind, he will refuse my offer.
It is a princely sum considering that, after all, his Guthwine is not an official, licensed replica.[/quote]
Plus...it's just aluminium and painted handle. Pft..not even a real sword ;)

[quote=""Deimos""]Dark, I was joshing (jashing?) Val about getting Jash's Guthwine.[/quote]

HAHAHA - i haven't heard that one (jashing) in a long time!!
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Return to “Other Discussions”