Be at Peace, Dear Bailey

My dearest companion, my cat Bailey-boo, crossed the rainbow bridge last night. She and I both fought the good fight, but lost. I wish her wonderful, sun and bird-filled days free of pain. She will be sorely and painfully missed. Fair winds and a following sea, my sweet pea.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Re: Be at Peace, Dear Bailey

[quote=""Valkrist""]I have a dear little kitty also that has been with me nearly eleven years now, and I can't bear to think of the day when she won't be around anymore. :'(

Sorry for your loss and hang in there, Buckeye, my thoughts are with you.[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean, we have had one of our cats going on 13 years now and it will be very difficult to say goodbye. :(

And yes, very sorry for your loss.

sorry fore your lost,Buckeye .how old did ,bailey-boo.get
my first pet was a bird ,(undulat).bougt this amassing creatuer from a freind.and had my fjerdhert freind around me ,in 17 years. i manage to provite 2 new ammasing birds out of hem ,thery got 8 and 10 yers old.
myl favoer bierd only got 8 until my moms cat ,got her claws on him.
the cat got 21 yers old.

Buckeye, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. I am a huge cat person myself. Over the years I have lost 3, one of them just about 2 years ago, and it tears a hole in life that never really heals. Console yourself with beautiful memories and the knowledge that you gave a Bailey a wonderful life.
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

It's been seven months since my Dachshund exited this life.
I sorely miss him.
My heart goes out to you Buckeye :'(
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

My most heartfelt thanks to everyone. Your kind words and healing thoughts are *much* appreciated. The past few days have been an emotional and physical rollercoaster.

Bailey, who was almost 13 years old, was a very special girl. There is, indeed, a hole in my life that may never completely heal. The pain will lesson in time, but she will be forever in my thoughts.

For those who would like to see my beautiful Bailey-boo, I offer the following pictures:
photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5688&size=big&cat=500
photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5689&size=big&cat=500

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

I have lost 3 of my own over the years, Buckeye. My first 2 boys were Merlin and Arthur. After struggling through full kidney failure for over 18 months with Merlin including twice daily Sub-Q fluid treatments I administered at home, he finally passed. Though healthy before, Arthur began plummeting within weeks and was gone after basically ceasing to eat or drink--despite all the efforts of myself and my vet--exactly six weeks later. I know he missed his buddy and felt alone after more than 16 years together with Merlin. His pain was unbearable. It was the worst 6 week period of life and they are still with me to this day. With that in mind, I penned this little haiku in honor of you and your dear Bailey.

My dear sweet kitten,
though you are gone from me now,
I feel you here still.

My thoughts are with you in your time of grief.

[quote=""Buckeye""]My most heartfelt thanks to everyone. Your kind words and healing thoughts are *much* appreciated. The past few days have been an emotional and physical rollercoaster.

Bailey, who was almost 13 years old, was a very special girl. There is, indeed, a hole in my life that may never completely heal. The pain will lesson in time, but she will be forever in my thoughts.

For those who would like to see my beautiful Bailey-boo, I offer the following pictures:
photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5688&size=big&cat=500
photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5689&size=big&cat=500[/quote]
She's really beautiful cat Buckeye.
I know what you mean about the "hole", sorry again.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Poly, thanks for the haiku. I will cherish it.

I'm so sorry to learn that you lost two cats in such a short period of time. I cannot fathom how that must have been for you. I understand the kidney failure and at-home care and sub-Q fluids for Merlin. Bailey and I went through the same thing. We will do anything for our fur-kids.

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

she looks just like my 16 year old cat Jester , my other cat is over 17 . Our German Shepard is almost 12 , I know its only a matter of time . Back in March our other 16 year cat old passed the morning of my daughters 21st Bday . That was really tough , but hang in there . Grey skies are gonna clear up . . .

I'm very sorry to hear that Buckeye...
I still miss my 2 dogs (Brutus & Caesar) that i lost a long time ago. But the years i did have them, are filled with nothing but good memories. It does get easier over time... But still, very, very sorry about your loss.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Return to “Other Discussions”