Shipping a UC Item from US to Australia?

Has anyone here had e xp erience shipping a UC LOTR sword from the US to Australia? If so, what was your e xp erience and what advice and/or guidance can you offer? I have a buyer in Australia who may be interested in an item I have...

I get the impression that Australian customs regs are pretty specific an sometimes difficult. Is it even worth it for me to try shipping from here to there?

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Re: Shipping a UC Item from US to Australia?

I've never had a problem getting anything shipped into Australia and over the years I have shipped in the entire UC LoTR collection!

They are strict on plant material or animal products. I was concerned about the horse hair on Eomers helm. But no problems.

But I will say, cross bows, throwing knives or axes, guns (even replicas), flick knives and double edged swords or axes would be a problem

Re: Shipping a UC Item from US to Australia?

[quote=""Valkrist""]Don't most of UC's weapon replicas fall into those categories though, like Glamdring and Gimli's axes, or do you mean sharpened only?[/quote]

You would think but I guess since Glamdring isn't sharpened, it gets through. I wonder how an MSSC sharpened one would go though.

Funny though you mention Gimli's axes. I successfully imported the battle axe and you used to see it for sale here. But I do have one friend who had his destroyed by customs.

Return to “Other Discussions”