Re: What Cats do when they decide to go for a walk

Yeah....I managed to circumvent the pesky sign up pop-ups.
I wondered if you let your cat(s) out at all.
Some people do, some don't.
Can't understand my stupid neighbor's reason for having a cat at all. It wanders the neighborhood, fouling peoples gardens and shrubbery.
They never take it inside even in winter (and it's not at all unusual to hit the mid 30s here ) because more often that not, when it gets really cold, it camps out on MY partially enclosed back porch. I don't mind that... but I really object to it using my garden as a litter box :angry: .

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Hey Buckeye.....I didn't remember at the time that you in particular owned cats, only that some members owned them.
Olorin was the only person I could think of. But now I recall you and Valkrist (altho' his died...don't know if he got another one).
So this is really for any cat owners ...didn't mean for it to seem exclusive.

Deimos wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:38 pm Hey Buckeye.....I didn't remember at the time that you in particular owned cats, only that some members owned them.
Olorin was the only person I could think of. But now I recall you and Valkrist (altho' his died...don't know if he got another one).
So this is really for any cat owners ...didn't mean for it to seem exclusive.
No worries, Deimos. My two cats, Dexter (black house panther) and Gracie, are my fur-kids and one of my joys!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fotv9zu546km ... 8.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jny8tskrthrf5 ... 0.jpg?dl=0

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Your fur-kids are beautiful Buckeye! We have 2 casts as well (brother and sister Max and Lilly) but both are indoors only. The previous cat we had for 16 years went all over the place and would have been interesting to see where she went.

Here is a photo of the two on the loveseat in the new display room with the blanket my wife made similar to the robe Bilbo wears in the Hobbit.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM ... oz2CB389Km

Yep....twins, I see.... :thumbs_up
Which is which? I think the one on the left looks just so cool and in control :laugh:

btw.... I can just see the barest glimpse of Treebeard off to the left side of the pic.
Do you have any pics of the whole display?

Deimos wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:19 pm Yep....twins, I see.... :thumbs_up
Which is which? I think the one on the left looks just so cool and in control :laugh:

btw.... I can just see the barest glimpse of Treebeard off to the left side of the pic.
Do you have any pics of the whole display?
Lily is on the left and Max on the right.

I plan on taking a bunch of hi-res pics of the display room tomorrow, so I will update my display thread here then, but just posted a photo of the Treebeard display with the custom plaque I just finished here on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

It looks like you have a hinged door on the front (the panel to which the plaque is affixed).
True? Or (as Legolas might say) do my eyes deceive me?
And if it is a hinged door, what do you access the inside for? Storage?

Deimos wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:55 pm It looks like you have a hinged door on the front (the panel to which the plaque is affixed).
True? Or (as Legolas might say) do my eyes deceive me?
And if it is a hinged door, what do you access the inside for? Storage?
There is indeed a door there, it has a magnetic push latch and no need for a handle. I don't store anything in there, but it did give me access for the wiring as the top 4 lights have a wire that runs down one of the support brackets for the glass walls and there are 2 small spot lights in the corners of the base that shine upwards that have a transformer inside the base.

Just catching up on old posts I missed. Thanks Deimos. It is interesting.

I love cats, big cats, wild cats, domestic cats. Tigers are really my fav but I have a substitute - my Devon Rex Sly. He is old now and sort of living like a care home resident. Still plenty of personality. My sister has a Devon Rex too. Ugly but his personality makes up for it. He loves to go where the action is. I would be interested to see where he goes using this tracker.

Return to “Other Discussions”