RIP, Chadwick Boseman

OK obviously this thread is belated, but this seems like the first chance I've had.

In any case, by now everyone has heard about the extremely untimely death of Chadwick Boseman at the far too young age of 43. I was very saddened and depressed by this. He was a very good actor with a family and a promising career unfolding before him, and he was snatched away. From the accolades from those who knew him, it sounds like he was a genuinely great guy who was a pleasure to know. It's extra sad whenever death takes someone like that. And the most amazing thing is that he was struggling with cancer seemingly the whole time we knew him, at least during his Marvel era, and he soldiered on with no outward signs of it.

Last but not least, it'd be remiss not to mention the effect he had on the African American community, particularly through his Black Panther role. That movie presented such a vision of a society that any community would be glad to call their own, and with such a great leader. I was very moved by it, even though I'm not black. So it is very sad that countless young African Americans were robbed of their screen hero. So in a time when Death is in the headlines every day, this one seemed to sting so much more.
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Return to “Other Discussions”