Re: King Kong Movie Trailer

OK, let's clear something up...Jack Black is NOT the leading man in this movie...Adrian Brody is. At least if you're talking romantic lead. Brody is the love interest, Black is the sleazy promoter who decides to bring Kong to NY.

Brody is a really good actor, and is considered by some to be quite a heart-throb, in spite of having one of the largest noses I've ever seen in my life.

I also thought some of the effects in the trailer looked a little cheesy. The CGI looked like it could use a few more render cycles, and the blue screens were pretty obvious (as they often were in LOTR).

The "blonde" is Naomi Watts of "The Ring" fame. She showed her screaming abilities quite well in that movie, so I'm sure she'll be a good successor to Faye Wray.

Incidentally, did you know that William Shatner was once known as "the male Faye Wray" for his screaming abilities?
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

First off... its only a trailer. Sometimes they dont even use that in the movie. It could have been something early they did but aren't actually going to use in the movie. You also have to realize that this movie is set in the past... *hint* the cars. They are filming something that appealed way way back. Jack Black is the kind of guy you would e xp ect to see doing some kind of weird film. He's a good actor in my opinion. You'll just have to go see it, for you should never judge a book by its cover or a movie by its trailer.
Valar morghulis

I didnt mean to imply that it was going to be bad because of jack black.... thats just the first thing i thought of, because he is usually involved in those MTV spoofs, like he did with LOTR: FOTR... Jack Black was the first face I saw in the preview, so I was like "is this gonna be a spoof?"
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Thorin wrote:First off... its only a trailer. Sometimes they dont even use that in the movie. It could have been something early they did but aren't actually going to use in the movie. You also have to realize that this movie is set in the past... *hint* the cars. They are filming something that appealed way way back. Jack Black is the kind of guy you would e xp ect to see doing some kind of weird film. He's a good actor in my opinion. You'll just have to go see it, for you should never judge a book by its cover or a movie by its trailer.

Yeah, there was a lot of stuff in the LOTR trailers that looked different in the final movie--more refined animation, color grading, things like that. That's why I'm hopeful Kong will look a bit better in the movie. And some of it may be an artistic choice, as you allude.

In any case, the movie can't help be be better than the 1976 remake.

Foe Hammer wrote:C'mon Olorin1! Jessica Lange & Jeff Bridges were unbelievable in that movie. :rolleyes_

The movie got pretty dreadful reviews and usually when you see reference to it today, it's derisive. In all honesty, I really don't remember much about it. I saw it once when it came out, and that was it. What I remember is pretty much limited to the fact that those two actors were in it, it was produced by Dino de Laurentis, and it's the World Trade Center that Kong climbs, not the Empire State Building. I seem to have a fairly vivid memory of Kong getting a running start and leaping from one tower to another.

Return to “Media”