Comic Books/Comic Trading Cards Discussion

Sorry if this has been done before, but I searched the thread and couldnt find anything.

This thread is going to be about anyone who has or still collects comics or trading cards of comic characters. Whether it be Marvel, DC, or others.

Well, back when I was younger, probably 1992-1996 i collected Marvel trading cards. Recently I was cleaning out my closet and looked through my chest and got looking at the cards and got a little reminiscent. Some of the series i never finished, so i was looking on auction sites for some cards. some of the series i have are as follows:

1991 Marvel Universe Series II - Full basic set/incomplete bonus set/ some extras
1992 Marvel Universe Series III - 3 Full sets/1 set of bonus cards/ LOTS of extra singles
1993 MU Series IV - Full set/all bonus cards except spider-man vs venom 3-d hologram/ some singles
1994 MU Seires V - Full set/just got part of the bonus cards on an auction site/still missing some
1992 Marvel Masterpieces - Full set and bonus cards
1993 Marvel Masterpeices - 3 basic sets/missing some special cards
1994 MM - just singles, no complete set and no special cards
1994 Flair - full basic set, no special cards
1995 Fleer Ultra - almost a full set and no special cards
X-Men Series 1 - full basic set/incomplete bonus set
X-Men Series 2 - full basic set/incomplete bonus set/have the wolverine 3-d hologram
1996 Fleer X-Men - just a few of the basic set...

I do have lots of singles from the above sets as well.

late 95-early 96 i stopped collecting because there was so many sets and special cards coming out, and multiple versions of special cards. my mom got tired of buying them all... we used to go to the comic book store almost everyday to buy and trade.

So if anybody was into cards lets talk about them and see what you have, or maybe set up some trades if you are still into it.

I really never was into comics themselves, I was into the trading cards.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Return to “Media”