Re: PSP Update 2.0!!

I've never been into handhelds, never had a gameboy or the sega one (what was it called)... i'm not into the PSP or Nintendo DS. I know alot of people are, I dont know why they never appealed to me. the PSP movies are more e xp ensive than a regular dvd...well i have seen, i'd rather have the dvd for my house than a 2 inch screen :)
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I've never owned a Handheld console either. I guess they're alright, but the PSP is ridiculously priced for what it is. Sure, it has a NICE LCD screen, and some of/maybe all of the features of an MP4 player, but it only comes with a 32MB memory stick, and the biggest stick you can buy seperate in way less than a Gig. I wouldn't want to have to keep switching memory sticks to get what I had saved.
And the prices for the games and films are outrageous too. $50 for a new game?? You've got to be kiddin' me! And like BladeCollector said, the films are more than DVDs. Unless you do a LOT of travelling, it's not a worthwhile investment.
And if you desperately want an MP4 player, buy an Archos. They can cost a lot more than the PSP depending on the memory, but they offer more features and just look better :cheers:

Is it safe to say then that because everyone lives in different States and different countries as in my case. That the prices my change from State to State and store to store. This is true for everything. So you cannot possibly try and tell someone that its cheaper or more e xp ensive in one place... as I have seen people argue this case before... and it has never come to a conclusion.

From the information gathered here. It sounds that the PSP has many many many features. It combinds games, dvds, you can browse the web, you can store information and listen to music. At a hefty price... if your willing to pay it, it could be a great tool for someone. Instead of buying a PDA and a MP3 player. It's obvious that there are so issues to be worked out...and I know for a fact that there is a problem with many of the battery packs. So if your willing to pay the price and hope that the battery doesnt fail on you... then its well worth it.

Just my 2 cents Canadian.
Last edited by Thorin on Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valar morghulis

Return to “Media”