Canceled TV Shows for next season

Here's a list of shows that have been canceled by the major networks coming up next season, some of them like 'Without a Trace' and 'The Unit', etc are some big time fan favorites...

ABC:

- 'According to Jim'
- 'Cupid'
- 'In the Motherhood'
- 'Life on Mars'
- 'Samantha Who?'
- 'The Unusuals'
CBS:
- 'Eleventh Hour'
- 'Harper's Island'
- 'The Unit'
- 'Without a Trace'
- 'Worst Week'
Fox:
- 'King of the Hill'
- 'Sit Down, Shut Up'
- 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles'
NBC:
- 'Kath & Kim'
- 'Kings'
- 'Knight Rider'
- 'Life'
- 'My Name Is Earl' (which has started a save-the-show campaign via Twitter (http://twitter.com/EarlTwitition )

Re: Canceled TV Show's for next season

Wow, a couple big names I recognize. I'm not too big into a lot of TV shows, but I have seen a few episodes of a couple of those shows. And its kind of sad for me to see "My name is Earl" go, since it really saved "The Office", the only show I really watch, from getting dumped during its second season.

Anyways, sorry to hear you will be loosing a few shows, Blade, and I know a few more members were really hoping Terminator would be renewed for another season. Oh well, you win some you lose some I guess.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Phew, my shows dodged a few bullets. Chuck we weren't sure about, but its become one of NBC's popular shows. I highly suggest watching it but don't be discouraged by the first few episodes, the second season which just finished is outstanding! Its Spy meets Nerd comedy!

The other show, which I am not at all caught up on, is Dollhouse. Joss Wheden is lucky that Fox blew Firefly. The DVD sales were huge and the movie was great too! It was because of the success of the DVD's that Fox is letting Joss keep Dollhouse going.
Valar morghulis

I used to watch Without a Trace back when it was on Thursday nights following CSI, but I havent really watched it in a few seasons. I watched a little of the Unit, but I wouldn't say it was one of my favorites, but I would watch it if I caught it. Both were favorites of my mom.

I thought According to Jim was funny, but I havent watched that show in ages... I didn't even know it was still in production the last couple of years.

King of the Hill is highly underrated. It actually started to get extremely funny after you probably stopped watching it because it's absolutely hilarious in its later seasons. I remember them taking it off for a while then FX kind of revived interest by spamming it a hundred times a day and then Fox brought it back. But not for long :|

Hank: Dale, why don't you just remove the antennas?

Dale: Why don't you just cut Bobby's head off!
-_-

The change in King of Hill that Olorin is alluding to probably had something to with around the time the original writers of the show left. I kinda watched it on an off, and always thought it amusing, but never on the level of the Simpsons, which I still enjoy tremendously to this day. King of the Hill has been on the chopping block for about a year or so now. Guess the axe finally fell. :|

Re: Canceled TV Shows for next season

King of the Hill at its prime was about at the level of the Simpsons. I will always remember the episode where Hank is tired of Luanne living with them and decides to go upright her trailer, which had been tipped over by a tornado. Another tornado--and hilarity--ensue.

And there was the episode where Bobby is going to have his first date, and decides he needs to practice kissing....on a wig head (those styrofoam things women store their wigs on while not wearing them). Peggy catches him wearing a smoking jacket and kissing the thing. After a lot of screaming, she tells Hank they'll just have to go live in Germany, because people are very accepting there.
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Re: Canceled TV Shows for next season

lol

I don't know, in recent years I think it's surpassed the Simpsons in many ways. Classic Simpsons will always be the best but in my opinion they ruined it shortly before the movie came out. Although I caught a new episode recently that I actually laughed at a few times. They made Homer TOO stupid at times. Originally he was just mad all the time. Now he's completely dumb. I prefer the middle ground where it's a little of both. And the animation seems much worse. In a better sort of way. It's too "neat" now, I think. Hard to e xp lain. The semi-sloppy and more fluid style in the mid-late 90s was much more effective.

If I had to rate some cartoons the way I currently feel, I'd go:

South Park
King of the Hill
Futurama
the Simpsons

And it's too bad they don't play Ren & Stimpy or Beavis and Butthead anymore.
-_-

Return to “Media”