Re: RIP, Alan Rickman

I was so shocked and sad to hear about this. Two extremely famous and talented members of the artistic community, David Bowie and Alan Rickman, taken by cancer within days of each other...this year is off to a sad start.
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

I first saw him in the dramatization of Austen's "Sense and Sensibility" (1995) , then Galaxy Quest, then Sweeney Todd.
And I think he was the caterpillar's voice in Alice in Wonderland.

Obviously I didn't see him in very many parts, but that first time in S-and-S (and I didn't know who he was) boy, he just blew me away.
I remember thinking: Who is that guy??? He is nothing short of amazing!

Yeah, he'll definitely be missed.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Dark Shadow wrote:I don't know him but R.I.P Mister.
DS, you must be one of five people on this entire planet who did not see the Harry Potter movies and therefore recognize Professor Severus Snape, as played by Alan Rickman (not to mention a myriad of other notable roles in other popular movies.)

A tremendous loss.
This Space for Rent

I can't believe I didn't stop by the forums yesterday after hearing the news. It was a heart dropping moment, such a wonderful actor. Did he ever have a bad role? From Die Hard to Galaxy Quest to Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, you could just go on and on. Of course he was SPECTACULAR in Harry Potter and one of my favorite Alan Rickman movies was Bottle Shock. I really recommend it for any Alan Rickman fan. Its on Netflix and I loved it. Its an indie-ish film about the California winery, Chateau Montelena. They produced the first US wine to ever beat French wine in a blind taste test. Alan Rickman plays Steven Spurrier, the wine snob that organizes the entire event.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

BladeCollector wrote:I can't believe I didn't stop by the forums yesterday after hearing the news. It was a heart dropping moment, such a wonderful actor. Did he ever have a bad role? From Die Hard to Galaxy Quest to Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, you could just go on and on. Of course he was SPECTACULAR in Harry Potter and one of my favorite Alan Rickman movies was Bottle Shock. I really recommend it for any Alan Rickman fan. Its on Netflix and I loved it. Its an indie-ish film about the California winery, Chateau Montelena. They produced the first US wine to ever beat French wine in a blind taste test. Alan Rickman plays Steven Spurrier, the wine snob that organizes the entire event.
I completely forgot about Bottle Shock. My brother has been pestering me to watch it.
I think I will... and soon.

I forgot to mention that I saw him in Nobel Son.... boy did he play a jerk.
But, you know, he really played jerks well, one of the best. :laugh:
You really do despise his characters... and THAT is the mark of a consummate actor, that his own person disappears in his role.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Valkrist wrote:
Dark Shadow wrote:I don't know him but R.I.P Mister.
DS, you must be one of five people on this entire planet who did not see the Harry Potter movies and therefore recognize Professor Severus Snape, as played by Alan Rickman (not to mention a myriad of other notable roles in other popular movies.)

A tremendous loss.
Yuppers you are right Valkrist I am one of the five people on the intire planet who didn't saw movies of Harry Potter. :lol:

Return to “Media”