Re: Horror/Supernatural Movies, Shows, and Books

Valkrist wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:49 am Just dipping my toes in here to quickly say that though I do enjoy a good horror flick, it's always been at best a 4th place genre for me, behind fantasy, sci-fi, and action.

As such, I fear I can't contribute much to any high-brow discussion since my preferences are probably too mainstream or downright silly for you guys. In general, I do love a lot of the stuff that Carpenter, Barker, and King put out (in filmic form). Usual Halloween mainstays at my house:

The Shining
The Thing
The Fog
The Serpent and the Rainbow
Hellraiser (1 and 2)
The Ring
The Omen Trilogy
Prince of Darkness
Bram Stoker's Dracula
An American Werewof in London
The Evil Dead
I later thought of The Ring...it was supposed to be pretty good. And I assume you mean the English version, not the original (Japanese?) movie, which I read was even scarier.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Re: Horror/Supernatural Movies, Shows, and Books

Valkrist wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:49 am Just dipping my toes in here to quickly say that though I do enjoy a good horror flick, it's always been at best a 4th place genre for me, behind fantasy, sci-fi, and action.

As such, I fear I can't contribute much to any high-brow discussion since my preferences are probably too mainstream or downright silly for you guys. In general, I do love a lot of the stuff that Carpenter, Barker, and King put out (in filmic form). Usual Halloween mainstays at my house:

The Shining
The Thing
The Fog
The Serpent and the Rainbow
Hellraiser (1 and 2)
The Ring
The Omen Trilogy
Prince of Darkness
Bram Stoker's Dracula
An American Werewolf in London
The Evil Dead
A fellow hellraiser fan! one of my biggest comic con "regrets" is not going to a con a few years ago, maybe back in 2016/17, in Phoenix when Doug Bradley was going to be doing photo ops in full Pinhead gear and in character and the photo wasnt going to be against a random background, it was supposed to be a fully immersive Hellraiser style chamber with all the hooks and chains!!!
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Return to “Media”