will the product prices ever increase or decrease?

Ive been thinking latly, and would like to be aware if UC wil up or down the price of there swords. There are 2 reason I am suggesting this...

-LOTR is getting less popular, and according to some stats, Games workshop (LOTR) hasnt made much profit then the year befor. So Id guess UC has sold a bit less then befor. Will this decrease the price of these swords?

-The american dollar isnt doing so well, and the cost of steel is going up. Will this make the swords increase in prices?

Or will they just stay the same price?
-wormntongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Re: will the product prices ever increase or decrease?

hmmm well i am sure the price will eventually drop, but i dont know when. most internet sites are selling well below MSRP, I have seen the prices go down from over 200 to under 200 dollars. its just one of those chain reactions... its whatever UC sells them to the distributors for, then the wholesale markup from the distributors, then the retail markup from the retailers.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Here's an interesting question, which is kind of related: What is the point of issuing a list price, or, MSRP? Let's use the $687 for the Gauntlet.

So, it certainly doesn't cost United $687 to make each Gauntlet, because they're using cheap labour from countries like Taiwan.
Retailers are not buying them wholesale from United at $687 and then selling them for hundreds of dollars less, because well, that's obvious: no profit is to be made.

So what is the point? If the answer to this is widely known, please, share the knowledge! :laugh_pur

BladeCollector wrote:hmmm well i am sure the price will eventually drop, but i dont know when. most internet sites are selling well below MSRP, I have seen the prices go down from over 200 to under 200 dollars. its just one of those chain reactions... its whatever UC sells them to the distributors for, then the wholesale markup from the distributors, then the retail markup from the retailers.
Im not sure if UC has ever dropped there wholesale price, but I know after speaking to retailers, they say its only them droping the price because od decreasing sales, and compitition. So I wouldnt call it a chain reaction, its the retailers that are dropping there prices
-wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

i meant "chain reaction" as in UC sells it to the distributor, the distributor marks the price up to wholesale and then the retailer buys wholesale and marks it up to retail.
--- Some stores buy directly from UC themselves, but some go through a distributor that sales all brands, so they can get all their inventory from one place, instead of going to each maker.

MSRP is just what the retailer suggests you sale it for.

But yes, the retailers are "losing" profit by selling them for cheaper, because the wholesale price isnt dropping.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Return to “Inquiries”