Anduril Scabbard and the MC Anduril...

This has probably already been posted somewhere, but I could not find it...Does anyone from UC know if the Museum Collection Anduril will fit into the Anduril Scabbard just released? I truly hope so!!!!
Peace favor your sword. . . .

Anduril,Aragorn's Dagger,MC Sting,Heron Mark Sword,Padan Fain's Dagger...
...no more fantasy weapons ;)

Re: Anduril Scabbard and the MC Anduril...

MC Sting wrote:Sting™ is one of the most famous swords in literature and perhaps one of the most recognized swords in the world due to the success of the New Line Cinema motion picture trilogy, The Lord of the Rings™. The blade is tempered and hardened spring steel, authentically etched with the exact Elven runes seen in the film. The hand guard and pommel are plated in genuine silver, authentically weathered and worn. The distressed hardwood grip features a hand-applied, silver vine onlay. In keeping with the description by Bilbo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings™, The Fellowship of the Ring™, Sting™ was painstakingly manufactured to be “light as a feather.” Only 3000 pieces of the Sting™ Museum Collection sword will be produced worldwide and each is individually serialized on the antique brass plated shield that adorns the locking hardwood and glass display.

UC1424 LOTR MUSEUM COLLECTION - STING
Includes a certificate of authenticity. Engraved on the blade and cross guard are runes in the Elven language of Sindarin that say “Maegnas aen estar nin dagnir in yngyl im” which translates to “Maegnas is my name, I am the spider’s bane.”
OVERALL LENGTH: 20"
BLADE LENGTH: 14-5/8"
BLADE MATERIAL: High carbon spring steel,individually serialized on the back of blade.
HANDLE MATERIAL: Solid metal guard and pommel, plated in genuine silver, weathered and distressed finish, hardwood hand grip, silver vine onlay.
DISPLAY: 9-1/2" x 26" x 3" hardwood, brass plated embossed corners, beveled glass window, old fashioned skeleton key lock, full-color printed art in the bottom of display. Hardware, instructions included.
PACKAGING: Sword in a foam mold & cardboard box, display case in heavy duty cardboard box, remailer box.
LIST: $748.99
Regular Sting wrote: UC1264 Stingª
Overall Length: 22"
Blade Length: 15"
Blade Thickness: 1/4"
Blade Material: Double edged, sharpened, tempered 420 J2 stainless steel with etched runes in the Elven language.
Handle Material: Wood handgrip adorned with Elven vine design, solid metal guard and pommel, antiqued metal finish, rat-tail tang construction.
Plaque: 9-3/16" x 11-3/8" x 3/4" wood, silkscreened Elven runes. Remailer box.
Comes with Certificate of authenticity
List Price - $223.99

Shipping Weight: 5 lb
Actual Weight of Sword: 1lb 4oz

Its really hard to get in detail with the MC sting, each one is hand made in diffrent. Most of the diffrences are listed in the discription. You would need to find some pictures to really compare the small diffrences, or see them in person. Hopfully someone may post them after me.

The biggest diffrence like Lan mentioned, is that MC sting is built more like a real sword, while the regular sting is just for display purposes.
:cheers:
~wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Re: Anduril Scabbard and the MC Anduril...

Lol, I'm pretty sure the regular one could kill you as well! Both have a pointy end ;)
I have regular Sting and MC Sting, and there's no question which one I'm happier with. MC Sting does cost a lot more, but you get a replica that just looks better. It's deadly accurate to the prop, which is saying something, because when you hold it side by side with regular Sting, the differences are very apparent, and make MC Sting worth the extra doe. Not to mention the sweet display case! Be warned though. You'll need an MC Glamdring after you've bought MC Sting! They don't come cheap, but boy are they worth it! :heart_eye
And yes, MC Sting does fit in the Sting scabbard :)

Return to “Inquiries”