Re: What ELSE is coming out? UPDATES, PLEASE!!!

I agree with you on the posting thing. Lack of communication may lead people to believe that UC doesn't even know what they want to do. That would be the negative way of looking at it. The positive way would be that they are so busy providing top quality merchandise that they are unable to post updates as much as they'd like.

I any case. I think that the LOTR stuff is dying down much more than people think. It's been a while since even the extended edition DVD set was released and there is nothing to look forward to (movie wise). I heard it's possible there might be a movie 'The Hobbit' which prequels the LOTR series. If that happens, there would likely be a renewed interest, but besides that, it is likely that the majority of future sales will come from the hardcore LOTR fans. Even UC found themselves with so much inventory that they had were providing massive sales to reduce what they have.

E xp ect smaller runs of the LTD ED items in the future.

I also think there's a good chance of Isildur's sword being made. They made his helm, so why not the sword too?
I think if anymore helms are to come out, Eomer's and Theoden's will be amongst them. They are my two favourites after Sauron's, and the demand for them is huge.
Guthwine and Faramir's sword should also come IMO. They will be the last of the hero swords, so United should definitely make them. Then they can focus on the lesser pieces, such as the Morgul Blade, and Grima's Dagger etc.

I know it's been a while since we heard about new pieces, but it was the same before. We didn't hear anything for ages, and then came that magnificent post announcing/showing Isildur's helm, Gondorian helm, Elven Helm & Shield, Walking & Bearded axes of Gimli, MC Sting, and Boromir's sword! That was a lot to handle!
These pieces (with the exception of the bearded axe) all came within quick succession of each other.
This could be the case again. UC surprised us with a lot the last time, so they could be doing it again. We just need to be patient, though I know that's difficult :(

Personally, I'm waiting for news of the Mace. I can't wait until that is released :D

As far as swords go, I would like to see Eomer's sword made. I'd also like to see a Museum Edition of Anduril.

As far as armor goes, I'd like to Boromir's shield made. I think that would make a great addition to the collection.

As far as spears go, I'd like to see them make Aeglos.

I'd also like to see them make some better scabbards for the Legolas daggers. I still think the leather ones suck!

Scabbard wise, I'd like to see scabbards for Herugrim, Eowyn's sword, Hadhafang, and Eomer's sword if they make it. It would be nice to be able to carry those blades outside the apartment without having to cover them up or people getting nervous.

Dagger wise, I'd like to see Grima's dagger made. It is a nice looking dagger and it shouldn't be that e xp ensive.

In regards to "The Hobbit," I follow that on Peter Jackson's website and sadly it is going to be a while before it's done. Peter Jackson e xp ects that a bunch of lawyers are going to have to meet from the two studios and hash out a deal. Right now supposedly the studios are playing of who blinks first. Not good for those who want to see "The Hobbit" made. It'll probably be another 3 or 4 years before it's made sadly. Still, I keep my fingers crossed that it will be made. I'd like to journey to Middle Earth at least one more time courtesy of Peter Jackson.

I agree with others that I think the Lord of the Rings line is drawing down BUT I believe there is still considerable interest in it as long as the products are well made and in line with the movies and books. Smaller batches of limited editions might be the answer though I'm somewhat leery of that because I want to make sure I can get copies of the ones I want. I don't care to go to a certain unnamed site to have to pay (bid) a premium on certain items like I did for my limited edition Anduril sword (I have two but that's due to a mistake i.e. I failed to make sure I lost the bid on one item before I bid on another, to my horror I won both bids!).

I do wish United Cutlery were more forthcoming information wise. These long droughts of information royally suck! It was only recently from Knife Monkey that we found out that United Cutlery will be making the Museum Collection Glamdring (I want! I want! I want!). Hopefully, they'll surprise us with some more the cool stuff they'll come out with. We'll see. Cheers!

:horseback
10 months and counting till the release of The Hobbit.

You don't think that Narnia will compare to LoTR?

Obviously they are two different stories and completely different. But the fact that both authors were friends... and the fact that WETA is doing the weapons...well, i'm sure you will see some weapons come out of this. The problem is that there isn't as big of a fan club for the Narnia set. But I wont argue about that.

The LoTR line will become popular again when the Hobbit is released. There will be a herd of people trying to get Glamdring and Sting... and quite possibly Orchrist (I have high hopes). And just like Star Wars fans... LoTR fans will continue to buy swords, statues, and figurines until they have enough or they run out of money.

But I guess we wont ever really know whats next or when until we hear word from UC. Obviously we have Saurons Mace and the Witchkings Helm/Mask. Other then that... anything could happen. Boromirs Sheild is a likely candidate. *shrug*
Valar morghulis

I don't think there is going to be the interest in the Narnia films that there is in the Lord of the Rings films. Tolkien was just such a fantastic writer and his world was so well thought out. I don't think anyone has gone to such depths as Tolkien did. This gives his stories great depth. I hope they do come out in the movies with some tales from the Silmarillion. The tale of Beren One-hand and Luthien Tinuviel might be a good one to do. Lots of great action there as well as a good romance angle. I'd hate to have "The Hobbit" be the last we see of Middle-earth.

I too would like to see Eomer's Guthwine. Eomer was very key character in the films. One thing though, if they come out with the sword, I want a scabbard with it too!!!!

To Jason GSux, I envy you being able to cancel one of those bids. I tried but the seller was down in Florida when they were getting hit with all those hurricanes. He wasn't able to cancel my bid in time (or at least that's what he said). One of these days, I'll get around to selling the second one on the site that shall remain unnamed.

I hope that United Cutlery does keep releasing stuff in the Lord of the Rings line. To me, it would be a smart move. There is such a huge fan base and it's not going to go away. It may not be as insane as it was during the height of the movies but I think there will be plenty of interest. Also, the line will pick up considerable steam when "The Hobbit" comes out which will probably happen in about four or five years.

:horseback
10 months and counting till the release of The Hobbit.

Sir Tristram wrote:Yeah, I hope that comment applies to the WiKi Helm/Mask, Sauron's Mace and Gimli's Bearded Axe...and oh, PLEASE announce Eomer's Guthwine!!!! I'm going crazy! :goofy_pur

I really couldn't agree more has been ages since anything official has been heard on anything, I'm sure production takes time but this long is ridiculous :(
'His name is Aragorn son of Arathorn, you owe him your alliegence'

Ive moved this thread to the "questions for united cutlery" forum, hopfully here it may get noticed by Knife Monkey, or another UC representative. Ditto on everything said, we definatly need an update, I hope one day one of the UC reps could go through the "product suggestions" forums and post if or not UC may make the items mentioned
:cheers:
~wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Return to “Inquiries”